• Kit A (Coldiron Kit) ~$750

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kit B ~$650

• Don't care

• Total voters

AWDios

Please only respond if you would buy a kit, I'd prefer not to get a bunch of Don't care answers from people who don't care because they wouldn't buy one, but if you are considering then let us know because it will effect which are available.

Here is a link to the original for sale thread:
http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1252

These kits are going to be made by BayAreaAT, and he has already made one of each, the purpose of this poll is to see what interest there is in each of the options so he knows which kit to make more of.

Kit A: This kit was sold to Coldiron (CMS-GT4), and the routing has the cold pipe away from the exhaust manifold so that it will stay cold.
Pics:
fmictogether1.jpg

ICkitintalled001.jpg

ICkitintalled002.jpg

The price for this kit will be about $100 more than Kit B making it $750

Kit B: So far one of these has been produced and sold via Ebay. But not installed yet. This kit has the cold pipe running over the exhaust manifold.
Pics:
1838c472.bmp

185fmic2.bmp

185fmic.bmp

The price for this kit is $650.

Both kits can be used with the stock bumper, but the RC bumper is recomended, and can be purchased from BayAreaAT for an extra $300.

So the question is, is the more efficient route worth an extra $100?

If you have any other questions, post them here, and BayAreaAT or I will try to help.

ChrisD

Personally, I would go custom. Side feed intake manifold with the turbo clocked down, a la Perry B. or Pat C. style. Probably cheaper too.

8)

Out of the two choices, I would go with Coldiron's.

AWDios

Ok it should be noted that Kit B comes unwelded, while kit A is welded, and that if you want kit B welded, it will be the same price as A. You Kit B people want to rethink your answers now?

Speedy2k

I would go with Kit A! I just got a couple of questions. How hard is it to get to the oil filter with the pipe in the way. It is already pretty tricky to get to it with the alternator duct in there. Also changing spark plugs. Will you need to constantly remove the piping when doing tune ups?

jspeccelica

I'm looking to buy one probably in january or febuary of next year, I went with choice A, it's the route I initally thought of when looking into a fmic.

1990alltrac

I'd like to get a kit A this fall. One question, will it include the bov flange or how much extra to get a bov flange welded on?

TraviST185

I voted for A but I would really love a kit made for a clocked turbo and if you could have a braket fabed to hold the WG actuator I would really really be into that!

dlux4life

Im more interested in Kit A as well and plan on buying a kit sometime this winter...around Christmas time....the cs front bumper for 300 more...does that come with the supports?..or is it just the bumper?

BayAreaAT

just the bumper.. you cant use the support with this bumper because of the size of the intercooler.size 31x12x3.

damselracer

i like the kit A better. When will it be available? aka, when would i have to order one to get one by january, if possible? i would be interested in the kit and the cs front bumper.