Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just drive

• Other.

• Total voters

GT4times2

Rick89GTS":11sgfeqa said:
I went for rims + exhaust. You gotta get rid of those ugly stock rims. Add a DP and that'll get you going. The 7th Gen GTS rims look great and are an inexpensive upgrade.

In all honesty, the factory wheels look decent. They're not aggressive, but with the car lowered, things change a bit. Just need the right stance. I would always recommend upgrading them, but they're more than tolerable. (Which would you prefer? those or 22 spinners? :p ...see how bad things could be)

Rick89GTS

^I've never been a fan of the 5th Gen stock rims. Always found them to be a rather bizarre design. But, yeah, they're better than tacky spinners, LOL.
I'm more of a 5-spoke guy myself.

Slink

Thanks for the replies I love you guys :D

Mine would almost make a good sleeper-trac, but I do crave new rims & exhaust, I really need a change!

Now the only question is... should I go white or gold/bronze? I totally have a crush on white rims but I'm not sure how they'll go with the teal

IT's kinda hard to say, something like these wheels a simple 5 or 6 spoke design

nengun1350005zigenprorafk6.jpg

How do I figure out what size wheels to get ?? LoL

sims

the size is somewhat of a personal preference. Most common are 16's or 17's. The smaller the rim the lighter, which is better but alot of people prefer the look of 17's(or 18's) and you often need to run a 17 if you want to go to a larger brake setup. I personal think a 17' looks best, but it will make you're car look a little funny at stock ride height.

width is a choice between cost verse performance, we can run extremely large wheels(9 wide without issue) but thats somewhat excessive for a near stock alltrac. wide wheel means you can run wider rubber and larger contact patch, it will also look more aggressive but will cost more money. I run 17x8.

ideal offset for our car's is 35.

Bronze or gold on Teal looks best IMO.

darthripley

^ well if you get 17s & don't lower the car it will have that 4x4 donk look lol :oops:

we have 16's on now & haven't lowered the car yet.
it's a little high, but not obnoxiously high or weird looking.

personally i think 17s are a little big on an alltrac -- i prefer 16's -- but its all a matter of preference & your goals if you ever want bigger brakes.

i would try to get 16 x 8 with a +30 - +35mm offset.
you may still need spacers in the rear but maybe not. :shrug:

gold or bronze look beautiful on a teal alltrac imho.

Slink

Anyone have a pic of teal w/ white rims ? Trying to figure out if that would just look wrong or not 8)

Thx for the info darthripley - I'm an old noob still

gt4tified

The stock rims looks fine but they're a bit on the heavier side....a nice set of 15" OZ or some 16" Rays are cool.

I voted for going all out though....nothing is hotter than a chick with a 12 sec. (or lower) alltrac!

Slink

alltracst185":2y93ectu said:
white wheels will look good on that color as long as you keep them clean :D

That won't be a problem... I'm one of those people who the neighbors think is crazy (and ya I admit it) and wash my car 3 times a week or more... hehe 8)

sims

Slink":uifdqzt0 said:
alltracst185":uifdqzt0 said:

That won't be a problem... I'm one of those people who the neighbors think is crazy (and ya I admit it) and wash my car 3 times a week or more... hehe 8)

I think most of fall into that group :p

GMan

> darthripley
> Location: dallas, tx
> Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:27 am
> ^ well if you get 17s & don't lower the car it will have that 4x4 donk look lol

It is a Rally Car. U need some wheel space for the jumps !
I do Like the look of lowered cars, but I drive on bad roads and
sometimes in snow. I need some 4x4 sized wheel spacing.
I'd raise my car if I could.

I love those lowered Hondas getting stuck on speed bumps. :evil:

> personally i think 17s are a little big on an alltrac -- i prefer 16's --

16" will give you a Bit more sidewall for a better ride ?
The shorter the sidewall the bumpier (in general)
I am Planning to do a Big brake package so I chose to go 17".

$ Slink
$ Location: North Vancouver, Canada
$ Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:29 am
$ Dude, I'm a "sister"

Glad to see another female AT owner So is Not an all boyz club Carmen. !
A few tasteful mods; keep it mostly stock for reliablity and easy cleaning. :shrug:

As for rims try photoshop, see what you like or play with
the Tirerack.com tire&rim selector ?

White Might be the best with the teal IMHO, but the bronze would
me more unique... :smokes:

keep the stock rims for dedicated winter tires, and new rims for summer duty ? :)

Regards;

Slink

All right, who wants to laugh at me and my "Paint" abilities?! :D
(Thx for the suggestion, I forgot all about it... )

Just glance at it quickly :lol: haha

whatthe3rh7.jpg

Donno.. I thought I had a white obsession but the gold looks like it could potentially be badass :shrug:

YerRandO

I'm really liking the look of the bronze wheels against your teal paint, but the white is really nice too..... decisions, decisions

alltracst185

Slink":34m2tmju said:
alltracst185":34m2tmju said:

haha ya me too!!! looks so much better.