RC/EDM/JDM Pic Request!

RedCelicaTRD

Ok folks, I need some help. For those of you with a MOMO steering wheel (or perhaps any non-airbag wheel, I'm not sure) I was wondering if you could get a pic of how the cruise control switch mounts. I would like to get a different steering wheel while keeping my cruise, but I don't want a ghetto fabulous switch. I saw a side pic of a MOMO wheel that had a good looking switch that might fit the bill, but I need someone to snap a few good pics of how it mounts. Any help is appreciated!

syko says

I think there is a write up on mr2oc on how the guy kept his cruise control. I'll post it once I find it. But i do remember it required him cutting the palstic cover. It does look stock though.

WarTowels

Yeah, I guess I did forget to read the whole post. Thought you were looking specifically for a Momo.

My statement is still true lol.

No need to be condescending.

-Towels

etantshi

syko says":ke2tina8 said:
Have a look on Corey's page.

http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25388&start=0

The very first page has some interior shot, and I dont think his car came with cruise control. I dont think Dustin's (maxaud) car came with cruise control either. Could be wrong though.

That car did not come with cruise control. I have a similar momo wheel from a CR/RC and the only way to get the cruise control to actually work would be to make a custom mount for it. The other curise control lever in the previous pic was not a stock st185 cruise lever. Maybe something from a different model celica or camry or whatnot.

Hotrodhendrix

I have a Mommo steering wheel with toyota on it as well. The mommo is in the lower right hand side and the toyota symbol is in the middle. Not sure if that is stock from something or what. I think Highway (mark) told me it was out of Gary's car..

maxaud

No cruise here, I heard the wiring is there but I still don't have anything in the engine bay to run it.
beachshot3.jpg

Corey

The Cobra and Olympic wheels as they are called have the same horn button. But I think MOMO is in large letters in the center, with small toyota off to the side, same with shifter.

My car has the plug for it in the engine bay also.

Hotrodhendrix

Ohh yeah sorry thats right... You know more about my steering wheel than I do. :twisted:

So what did they come on or are they aftermarket?

Corey

They are OEM. The olyimpic was standard on all the RC/GRPA/CS as far as i know. And the Cobra was an Option on the GT-Four.

RedCelicaTRD

Hum. Does anyone remember the link to the jap website that shows all the available options. If I remember right he had the same control that I previously posted.