Just bought a TWM short shifter

Nitro_Alltrac

Well I just finished putting it in. The hardest thing was getting that retainer ring back on the shift lever rod. I missed with it for about 20 minutes and finally got some vise grips to hold the rod in place. After that I was able to tab the retainer into place. Wish I had thought of that sooner. :shoots:

By the way, the instructions evidently are for a earlier version of the shifter. You do not have to remove the plastic cups from the old shifter. The new one already has them installed.

I'm getting ready to take it out for a spin. I'll report back afterwhile with my opinion. :)

I Just bought My TWM Short throw shifter for my All-Trac Today! I paid full price for it though =( I didn't buy any of TWM's shifter knobs though. I didn't like em and they were overpriced to me. I went to MOMO's site where they have WAY nicer (looking at least) shifter knobs for the same price or cheaper. So I went with the MOMO F-16 EVO. It was $120.00. We'll see how the shifting is when the kit gets here...or there since the car's in Miami and I'm in Texas...Yeah my Dad will see how the shifting is when it gets there and I'll find out when I get back over there lol :D

By the way my All-Trac is bone stock right now, and I'm looking for a performance shop in the South Florida Region that's fairly reputable to do the performance work. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

Nitro_Alltrac

All I can say is WOW! It is a SHORT throw shifter. The throw between 1st and 2nd is about 1/2" I was very surprised. Like a lot of people said, it does shift harder. To me, it kind of feels like a rwd performance shift. It takes some effort, but it is very precise. A couple of times I have thought that it was quite into gear (I had that problem sometimes with the stock shifter) but it was in. It's just going to take a little getting used to.

I would highly recommend this mod to anybody. I think it was well work the money. :D