what i have been up to lately

InitialD93

well after all the spare cash going into a another hole that doesnt say Toyota on it... these are the latest results...

finally got the Malibu fired... this motor is a hellacious beast i must say... should be fun times

for all those in need of visual stimulation... i will now provide you with candy

DSC02857.jpg

DSC02858.jpg

DSC02859.jpg

DSC02860.jpg

ugh... fabricating accessory brackets FTL
DSC02861.jpg

Nitro_Alltrac

Sweet ride! It's really looking good.

I had a 79 Malibu for a while that had the factory 4 speed option and the F41 suspension. Nothing else. The original owner know what he was ordering. It originally had a 305 4 barrell but he later replaced it with a mild build 350. That was one fun car. The only problem was the G body frame problem. I miss that car. :(

InitialD93

lol 5 wires... right, lol. yeah by the time you wire the entire car from scratch, and still manage to make the lights, guages, fan, fuel pump, guage sending units, MSD box, etc, etc... you get the idea... there is probably 5-600 foot of wiring i had to do in that car after i ripped all the stock wiring out. took 5 days just to wire the damn thing.

just because a stock 350 only needs like 2 wires to actually start and run, doesnt mean you would ever actually run it that way :smokes:

and this thing is nowhere near a stock 350, its something else entirely :evil:

InitialD93

lol, well when you put it that way.... i wouldnt ever even think of attempting to rewire the AT.... i just dont think thats possible :twisted:

stevo27

so whats your 350 got??

that looks like around a 900 cfm carb elderbrok,holly or demon??

is that a 6 al msd box?? if so be really careful there about as reliable as dirt ive been left stranded many times because of the 6al

nice car btw

InitialD93

its not a 350, its a 377

400 block destroked with a 350 crank. it made 600 HP on the engine dyno with a QFT 750 carb, it now has a 1000 CFM Holley HP. we spun it 8500 RPM on the dyno.

solid roller lunati cam
all titanium in the heads, valves/retainers/springs
weisco ultralight pistons
the heads and intake manifold are one-off prototypes from a old Darell Waltrip Winston cup car, 250CC intake runners.

yes that is a 6AL box... i have a couple of spare 6ALN boxes that i can swap out if needed, havnt had any problems out of this one yet on the previous engine or on this one