more water to air madness

timmey

Insanity-74":250rck10 said:
I was thinking of adding as resevoir to my system, but just dont have the space....weight might be a small issue but not much. Depending upon where you put it it will need to be a sealed system....you could even put one in the boot. If you can work out a method of doing it, then Id give it either a removable top or a wide filler cap so that if you are doing quater mile runs or short sprint tracks you can fill it with ice cudes and get ubber cool charge air temps.

Awesome, I didn't realize that there was no reservoir but it makes sense now seeing the fill cap is on the chargecooler core. My tuner/mechanic suggested the trunk too, just a lot of lines and water to run I guess. If I were to do that I would put the pump and reservoir in the trunk, but I will try to get a reservoir installed up front first.

Cheers,

Tim

timmey

Strange question:

Has anyone connected an aftermarket gauge to the temp sender on the 185 IC core/is it possible? I imagine it went to the 185rc ECU and there was no temp gauge on the cluster, but I would like to get a water temp gauge for the IC installed, thinking ProSport as thats what my others are.

Would the IC one work?

I guess otherwise I would just hook up their sender. Their sender hose adaptor is too wide in diameter though, so that introduces a whole new problem.

Cheers,

PS: Apologies for thread jacking. I'll stop now. :)

Tim

Fourplay

Are you certain the ST185 RC WTA has a water temp sensor? The ST205 core only has a level sensor - a simple on/off switch.

Insanity-74

darthripley":fb7g2e0t said:
i'm thinking you could still hook up your own water temp sender to the ST185 RC or ST205 I/C though correct?

Yes very easily, but I would break into one of the water pipes as opposed to the cooler itself...could be an expensive mistake if you get the wrong place as theres only one or two points in the chargecooler that you could safely brill into.
Of course the simple solution would be to remove the level sensor and put the temp sensor in there.

timmey

Fourplay":3s1mat42 said:
Are you certain the ST185 RC WTA has a water temp sensor? The ST205 core only has a level sensor - a simple on/off switch.

Oh, thats what it is? There is a little sensor on top of the 185rc IC beside the fill cap with 2 wires coming out. Maybe thats what it is?

darthripley":3s1mat42 said:
i'm thinking you could still hook up your own water temp sender to the ST185 RC or ST205 I/C though correct?

Yeah I guess you could tap a hole and thread in a sensor? Maybe the IC is too thin of metal to tap a hole?

If not I will find one of those hose adapter senor units that holds a water temp sensor and you attach inline on your rad hose. But yeah, prosport only has 1.1"/1" for regular radiator setups, not a WTA 7/8" or 3/4" hoses.

Insanity-74

Gonna take over this thread a little.

Had a bit of a break for a while...still havnt done much, but a little picture of how far I have got.....everything but the rear chargecooler to throttle body pipe.

nearly ready for the final bit of welding and then its testing time....yey :D

DSC00001.jpg

going to be using 1" ID water pipes and a higher capacity pump tp cope with the extra cooling ability of the chargecooler

mx6er2587

Thats a big charge cooler.

My setup is installed and running. Seems to be working good so far :D pictures will be coming soon

total cost including hoses, fittings, and fluid is about $250