Advice: Buy a 6th gen celica or ST205???????

flipradio3

I been offered a 6th gen Celica GTS with 130,xxx kms with an asking price of $5000 cdn funds. However, if I wait next year, I can purchase a ST205 WRC for a few more thousand.

BOTTOM LINE: Is it worth swapping the 6th gen Celica engine for a ST205 engine??? I am willing to sacrafice awd for fwd to compensate for poor fuel consumption.

What's your thoughts? Thanks.

Terracar

IMO wait for the real thing - the mileage will not be much better and the swap itself is sometimes more money in the long run.

Dracov

205 or bust. It'll be easier, cheaper, and will produce infinitely more jealousy from us sorry sobs south of the border

syko says

If youre worried about spending money on fuel, I am pretty sure you wouldnt even consider buying an ST205. However, if you want something that no one else has and dont mind dishing out those few extra moneys, buy the ST205.

Red Rabbit

If you are worried about fuel consumption you are into the wrong hobby man. Go big or go home i say. I get 15-20 mpg on premium but the driving is worth it in my daily driven s13 turbo prolly why i cant save up the money for the st165 motor lol but hey its all part of the sports car world in my opinion.