Transmission Line Help

brandontoyota

So I have an issue and was wondering if someone on here could help. My Transmission cooler lines rotted out and I'm leakinag a lot of gear oil so I have to take the line out and replace them. I couldnt find it at any AutoZone so I called Toyota. They want $455 for the entire assembly (all the lines, fittings and the cooler itself), does anyone know how else to go about getting the lines for the system? I have a 93' alltrac located in northern New Jersey. I don't know if there are custom shops that will make these lines or if I possibly bypass it somehow or some guy said there is a way to make your own line. Anyone have any input? Thanks, Brandon

monkey8oi

Can you get any pics of the area? I might be able to find those parts in the garage.. Just need to know what i'm looking for.

brandontoyota

monkey8oi":2fxknhig said:
Can you get any pics of the area? I might be able to find those parts in the garage.. Just need to know what i'm looking for.

wow that would be incredible!!!! I'm at work right now but I'll send the pics as soon as I get home, it's the two lines that run out from the bottom of the tranny to a little radiator looking thing, then it just circulates back. But I'll send the pics in a few hours. Thanks for the quick response!

Terracar

Just a thought - no I have not done it so it might just be crazy but...

Why not get braided line for it?

-Terracar

brandontoyota

3831025627_cf315f3939.jpg

3831028605_73a2303851.jpg
[/url]
i need these two lines primarily, they are rotted and just leaking fluid

3831027079_2251e54f33.jpg

this line came out from the cooler and it just twisted when i was trying to get the fitting off

please let me know if anyone has a set available. thanks Brandon

brandontoyota

RedCelicaTRD":yccelhug said:
Do you need the flexable section of the hose or the hardlines right off the cooler?

well the whole line would be awesome, but i guess the flexable section will hold up so mainly just the hard lines right off the cooler. thanks

The hardline(s) are no longer available from toyota. I removed one from
a project alltrac and replaced it with a small metal loop from a mr2 turbo
tranny (think the st165 also used this loop in place of the st185 cooler)

MacGyver

+1 for just using braided lines. I would just do a google search for a parker store or simmilar in your area. Usualy any hydrulic hose shop will be able to make you a set. Just take the old ones in and say I want these in steel braided lines. I get them all the time for some machines at work. The shop here by me is called mega fluid lines. Just my 2 cents.

hacker_720

BoostedBlueToyotas":3i2p3ex4 said:
The hardline(s) are no longer available from toyota. I removed one from
a project alltrac and replaced it with a small metal loop from a mr2 turbo
tranny (think the st165 also used this loop in place of the st185 cooler)

Yes, there is just a loop on the 165, but they are not interchangeable, the threads are different. 165 to 185 is different I mean.

grip addict

there has to be someone around here that has some left over from a front clip swap or something. having said that, if you can't find them used, do you have o'reilly's out where you are at? some of them make hydraulic lines, and would be able to build you some for not too expensive. if not then maybe pep boys or autozone. if you're having no luck call up a diesel shop and ask them where they get their stuff fixored...