VIN Registry

pepper

Yes, I'm still here and try to do updates about once a month. And, hopefully, you'll be me a bit more active on the boards. Life's pulled in different directions but I do still (for now) have my 165.

pepper

schmooot":379hmlc9 said:
no 205 option?

We've got one listed so far in the "Outside North America" section. But we'll have to re-think this, now that Canada can import these. My first thought is just to rename that section to include imports from outside North America, rather than start a separate 205 page.

But for now, if you've got one you want included, just send it along and note that it's a 205 in the text entry box.

pepper

FYI, I went to update the registry today and my ftp login didn't work. Feel free to continue to send new or updated registry information in through the form and I'll get it into the database. But it won't show up online until I can upload the files.

pepper

No, unfortunately no success on this :-( The online registry hasn't been updated since July 2010 and I've received new items since then, as recently as December 19, 2010. So I don't have access and can't even add the items I've received since July.

It looks like you can directly add comments to the page where you add VIN information, so you can provide updates that way. But it doesn't end up reflected in registry tables themselves.

Sorry, it looks like I'm out of the VIN updating business :( Hopefully something can be figured out to update it regularly.

-Mike

ps. Edited to add the latest version of the VIN database that I have as an attachment.

Attachments

• vindatabase20101219.xls
    141.5 KB · Views: 323

sinerasis

What's the status of this project?

Could it be rebuilt from the excel file attached there? I'd be happy to create a database/system to keep things current.