how about a group buy for new factory floor mats?

if there was a group buy for factory floor mats, i would buy a few sets for my celicas. it looks like they are discontinued. however, at the request of vendors and demand from customers for the oem Toyota Supra floor mats, toyota reproduced them for under $100 a set so i purchased many of them for my supras. i really would love new floor mats for my all-trac and my 91 st. so, i guess it is up to us celica owners to make enough noise and let it be know that the demand is high for these oem mats. since i never plan on selling my celicas, i would buy a least 4 sets. what do you guys think? thanks for reading my post.

GT4_ever

I'm in need of new floor mats, the ones I have are definitely not OEM. Fitment is a little wonky. I'd have to see how much interested there was before I would go in on the group buy though.

toayoztan

shadow_coupe":1c1ddvht said:
Definitely up for this! Did any OEM mats come in black?

For the alltrac, I don't think so.

I think the only colors are blue, light grey, and charcoal/dark grey (? not sure on this last one).

Bryan

jonnyboygt4

shadow_coupe":205qxt93 said:
Definitely up for this! Did any OEM mats come in black?

well my floor mats are black in my 91 GT-Four ...they also say "Celica stylish sport" on them....they have a furry plush look to them...

DudeMan

I know DarthRipley would love a set of OEM floor mats. :p

A set of black TRD mats like the ones I have would be nice.. I believe their for a MKIII Supra but they fit almost perfectly.

P7170971.jpg

darthripley

DudeMan":3hshtypc said:
I know DarthRipley would love a set of OEM floor mats. :p

Indeed I would be! lol 8)
It's truly a holy grail as far as Alltrac parts go for me at least.
Even in Japan I've only seen a handful of sets available (I've only had 2 used sets) and that's when I had an importer bringing in containers so it wasn't just limited to Yahoo Japan auctions.

Can anyone get a company, not necessarily Toyota, to make reproduction OEM mats?

As long as they would be OEM quality, match the shadow grey interior (or be black for those that might want black) and have CELICA embroidered on them in the correct OEM font I would buy a couple sets for sure.

I'm moving this to Club Chat for more exposure.