how about a group buy for new factory floor mats?

darthripley

the factory floor mats are discontinued at the dealership & there are none in stock hiding anywhere, at least not anywhere I can find.

the only options are to have some made or cut your own set to fit from larger mats.

athousandleaves

all(trac)way":3nxwpje4 said:
you said your front mats have part numbers have you tried lithia off celica tech

part numbers on the mats are weird and unlike the rest of the Toyota part numbers, I'll post them here later if that's any consolation.

Going to look more seriously at producing these myself when I get some spare time this week.

Several years back we had a group buy going (Frank Dillman?) and the mats cost about 80. Unfortunately the company that made them was no longer interested in making them after the second group buy. I still have some of them if someone wants to buy a set to use as a pattern.
Think I have an extra set in black and maybe blue. Pretty sure I should keep the grey set.

Boo_Guy

Hey guys, I found these on ebay last night;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-S ... 3f0cfdaac4

If the maker is willing to embroider supra with its font on them then they might do ones for our cars.

They have a website as well, any of the Avery brands listed dont seem to have a problem when entering in things like Celica for embroidery. The Lloyd brand ones dont let you use trademarks though.

http://automatstore.com/index.php?main_ ... ype=carpet

Might be a good avenue to look into. I'll be getting some from that site for my AT eventually.

darthripley

those actually look like decent floor mats, thanks for the link.
i may see about getting a set of them after Super2 is done.

toayoztan

Hey, they actually fit pretty well it seems. I may buy a set. Does it come in grey and doesn't say TRD on them?

I like the wide coverage it has over the carpet. My carpet is still in pretty decent shape and would like to keep it that way.

Bryan

athousandleaves

I know most of you guys weren't happy with my original prices on getting the mats duplicated but I've had a bit of an idea.

I would be willing to work on making a run of 50 full sets of 4 mats; 25 in grey, 25 in black with embroidery.

With the proceeds of the mat sales I would BUY this website and domain from tommy.

Just working on getting the details of the mats worked out with a supplier right now so if everyone would be willing to buy a set of mats to win the website back then please post up saying so!

darthripley

thousandleaves - sign me up for a grey set.

the TRD Tundra mats look nice, good fitment, just wish the grey was a closer match to the carpet.

pintoBC_3sgte

Autobot":3h485bv1 said:
I'd be interested in those mats if they could do the Celica font.

went through their site and found this when i was choosing the font and text.

"Note: Personalized lettering may not contain any vehicle make, model or model numbers"

:(

Boo_Guy

toayoztan":28vd5gpn said:
Hey, they actually fit pretty well it seems. I may buy a set. Does it come in grey and doesn't say TRD on them?

I like the wide coverage it has over the carpet. My carpet is still in pretty decent shape and would like to keep it that way.

Bryan

The only TRD mats Ive seen are black colored, some sets have the TRD logo and lettering in white, could dye it to another color :p

I'll get the part number of my mats tomorrow, didnt think of it while I was out there.

pintoBC_5sfte":28vd5gpn said:
Autobot":28vd5gpn said:

"Note: Personalized lettering may not contain any vehicle make, model or model numbers"

If you mean the website I posted, you have to select one of the "Avery" brand mats, the "Lloyd" ones wont let you use vehicle make, model or model numbers.

pintoBC_3sgte

Boo_Guy":648l4ci4 said:
toayoztan":648l4ci4 said:

Bryan

The only TRD mats Ive seen are black colored, some sets have the TRD logo and lettering in white, could dye it to another color :p

I'll get the part number of my mats tomorrow, didnt think of it while I was out there.

pintoBC_5sfte":648l4ci4 said:
Autobot":648l4ci4 said:

If you mean the website I posted, you have to select one of the "Avery" brand mats, the "Lloyd" ones wont let you use vehicle make, model or model numbers.

oh sweet! thanks :)

athousandleaves

I've been slow getting on this cause I have a slipped disc and have been taking a LOT of drugs to even stand up straight... :cry:

Sorry everyone, should be able to get going this week with all the details pending the supplier.

temperacerguy

OK, just to gloat.....

bf87fe88-1.jpg

circled in red... Those are my NOS (New Old Stock) OEM floor mats for the all trac. I picked up the last set back in 2000 and tossed them between my couch and wall for when I finished my car..

They are dark grey and say "Celica" in silver embroidery

I moved to FL, and left the car and all else back in AZ

Just had the car shipped out here, and had the mats tossed in the car with all my other OEM goodies I had purchased over the years for when I "finally got around to working on the all trac"

I'm willing to pattern them for whomever wants to have them reproduced.

Other things in that picture:

New TRD Tarmac springs for the ST185
New OEM AC lines
New OEM receiver/dryer