Where is the turbo pressure sensor located on a st185?

alltracst185

I'm in the final stretch with wiring up my AEM EMS and need to find the TPS clip to wire in the MAP sensor. Ithink i know what it is but, would like some asurance. Anyone have a pic of said clip? I zearched with no luck :(

Thanks!

Terracar

It is mounted to the fire wall. I will see if I can find a pic. Otherwise I will snap one when I get home since I will be working on trying to get the front strut brace to fit

-Terracar

hey, I know we were both looking for info on where to wire in the MAP & IAT's... apparently you found the info. I have not. Care to share?? :notworthy:

GT4_ever

hksevc6viinstallcelica2.jpg

Picture borrowed from google and edited! It will have a vacuum line that goes around the left of the intake manifold, and at around the left most point of the intake manifold the line will have a little filter thing on it. Can take better picture if needed!

alltracst185

celicasilfee":n4s36qye said:
hey, I know we were both looking for info on where to wire in the MAP & IAT's... apparently you found the info. I have not. Care to share?? :notworthy:
AIT sensor gets wired to the brown and grey/black wire from the AFM, polarity doesn't matter

MAP sensor gets wired to the three wires from the turbo pressure sensor:

AEM Red wire to Pink/Blue OEM harness
AEM Black wire to Brown OEM harness
AEM Green wire to Red/White OEM harness

I plan to do a write-up on this as soon as I'm finished, already have almost all the pics I need :wink:

sarnodude

What does that sensor do ? (the one with the spring-loaded hex knob on it ?)
The reason I am asking is, the one on my car has a hose attached to it that is completely collapsed.

awd3sgte4me

That sensor is actually a valve for the a/c. Actually called A/C ASV. Its actuates vacuum for a vacuum switching valve for the A/C.

sarnodude

awd3sgte4me":28r4mb22 said:
That sensor is actually a valve for the a/c. Actually called A/C ASV. Its actuates vacuum for a vacuum switching valve for the A/C.

That is what I thought, thanks for the clarification, sir! Now if Icould just find a Toyota part number...