How much of the interior can you gut from a gt, gt-s?

ellover009

I'm trying to help someone else in the forum, he just bought an all-trac and the interior is thrashed. I saw at an yard an celica with leather seats a month ago but I had a hard time id the model since most of the trims that could help me id it were gone. Engine was gone so I couldn't see if it was an all-trac.

Do you guys know if the gt or gts front seats and rear bench fit an all-trac? are the rails different in the seats and can they be swapped to make it fit? How much of the it can you gut and transfer over?

turbo4wd

Everything can be transferred over except for a few bits like the door panels..

I don't recall if leather seats were ever offered on GT-S models.. I believe they were an option on Alltracs only but its been a while so my memory is fuzzy on that..

underscore

I think everything but the front carpets & seat rails can transfer over. Basically everything is the same aside from anything really close to the front of the driveshaft tunnel.

toayoztan

Yeah, everything should transfer over from a GTS at least (and GT I believe) except front carpet and seat rails.

I know, I only restated what was said lol, but just to emphasize!

Bryan

underscore

Oh and some of the stuff like the trunk carpet is different as well, due to the gas tank, etc moving. But the basic passenger compartment stuff should transfer.

Awesome-Trac

turbo4wd":2ntn68s2 said:
Everything can be transferred over except for a few bits like the door panels..

I don't recall if leather seats were ever offered on GT-S models.. I believe they were an option on Alltracs only but its been a while so my memory is fuzzy on that..

My GTS came with power seats and leather

celicat93

GT-S' were kind of considered the luxury line. Before I knew about, was interested in All-Tracs, I was shopping for GT's/GT-S' and I test drove one that was owned by a dentist back in 2002, it was loaded with everything, including leather. Only problem was it was peppered with rock chips all around the skirt level and then crappily touched up.

Hotrodhendrix

As everyone else said almost everything. Door panels depend on if it was system 10 or not. Rear seats will not. Carpet wil not, steering columns are different. Thats about all I can think of.

Nitro_Alltrac

I replaced the driver seat in my car with a very good leather one from a GT-S. The tracks are different. Three of the bolt holes line up but the fourth one, the inside rear if I remember correctly, is off about a half inch or so.

The luggage compartment plastics are unique for the All Trac due to the height of the trunk floor. It's higher due the placement of the fuel tank.