When selling, what is like'd

tubasteve

Good day fellow speed junkies.

Okay, so i have a 10x20 storage unit with you guessed it, parts.

DO NOT ASK IF I CAN SELL YOU AN INDIVIDUAL PART, I'M HORRIBLY NOT RELIABLE WITH SHIPPING.
But I do, it'll be in the right section!

I have parts i want to know for people who might be, or wanting to buy an alltrac should be on or off the car when sold. I understand some people just want a solid car. I want zero down time when repairing so i have tons of parts.

What i have new and could install if it would help sell it:
Sibon carbon fiber hood rc edition
Factory unpainted bumper, still factory sealed. With brace.

What i have used
Jdm folding painted to match mirrors(mounted) i also have stock usdm mirrors.

And tons of parts...not your basic...block....

I have two spare engines (gen 2)and trans(185) per car.they have complete long block to turbo and all everything you usually get from an engine supplier to drop in, including a 100% complete fresh rhd harness.
5sfe 96 crank.
One extra good diff, and complete drive shaft front to rear with carrier.
Two water to air units $t205
One complete 165 unit(bad pump)
One 185 rc, with 165 heat exchanger.
Two $t205 ecu
One third gen mr2 ecu
One rc ecu
Two stock California ecu.
Three/four dp catalytic converters
Two mid pipe w/cat

I have a complete set of $t205 brakes front and rear.

Complete 5x114.3 bolt on kit for one car, all brand new parts($800 alone in this). Rotors front and rear and all four hubs.

All the stock suspension prices
And bunches of little parts that aren't stock and are. If you could imagine what a 10x20 full of alltrac parts...then you get the idea. I only listed bigger known parts I've seen. I own two of these cars, and owned 4 so far, I've scrapped one and kept all the parts.

Car has Megan coilovers, white line sway bar and bushings in the rear. Engine is fresh with new mahle pistons and all new oil pump(high volume) water pump...let's just say everything on that side that bolts on to block is new from Toyota. Clutch is exedy 3 puk sprung on stock flywheel. The trans is on a gone through 1995 st205.

Car is sick, i have dumped money, and time. Unlike most people that say they don't have the money to keep their car...always scared me..."What were the last couple repairs like, 'as cheap as you can for as little as you can'" i believed if the car had a problem, fix it and make it better.

When i bought the black car as a dd @77,777 miles, confirmed, with all the vin stickers on the body panels, i bought the car. I dropped 2g into it instant when it got to my shop. Didn't care if it had been done per the original owner or not. I wanted price of mind when driving this black beauty.drive for 1000 before pulling engine to freshen everything up. Owner said a clutch was done....i herd, "done know nothing shop molested an alltrac"

This car has new brakes all around, pads, rotors, brake fluid flushed to dot4. New tires(have 3 sets of the stock rims)

Bottom line, what do YOU want on your alltrac you might buy? and what you would dread? I did all the work at MY shop that works in about 7 other alltracs in my town. I have a bunch of stuff...

#Do i keep it to sell with car or part it out the parts u have.#

I don't need the the money,i want what it's worth though.

tubasteve

also, think anyone would buy two cars and all the parts. I'll touch base on the red car and its parts later.....all those are at my shop.

tubasteve

Or sell both 84k miles cars for around 12k with all parts listed?

Zero rust on both. And two well taken care of celica alltrac. ? Just a thunk.9 cars with two drivers sucks.

-Jr

tubasteve

I have a built 0 hour engine, trans turbo setup at the shop. Going in it tonight. Broken in and dyno-tune in Sept. So I've just been waiting on parts. I'm cleaning up UN-need wiring since i deleted my abs.

lumbercis

Were you drunk when you wrote this? Or was too drunk when I was reading it? :p

Anyway, my opinion on what I think you're asking:

If you want to extract the most money out of the car and parts you have do this:

Get the car in as close to stock condition as you can with the parts you have available.

Then sell any aftermarket parts you have separately.

Also, you'll sell a solid stockish car faster because it will be cheaper than if you sold a car with tons of mods already installed.

If you'd like to minimize annoyance (i.e. having to sell and ship a bunch of individual parts) then install everything you can and ask a high price for the car as-is. It will take a lot longer to sell the car this way though as you have to find a buyer that both has the available cash and like the mods you have installed.

Good Luck!!
J

tubasteve

Thanks,i did notice some....alright a few grammar errors. I'm on my phone texting in a keyboard that you Swype your fingers over....it's new, so it rarely understands what i type for a couple months.

Anyways:
Thanks for the input. Wife says don't sell, i say why not, the 9 cars we have...she says back up. Plus they are great investments, cause you have product for what you buy.

I'm going to start getting things organized to be understand what i do and don't have. And really decide from there. If i bought a car is say stock too, it's why I've kept ALL my parts i could that were in working, or could be reconditioned.

I'm not getting email updates about this site anymore....so if it seems like in gone a while then be patient.

If i do post for sale, I'll make a project thread for the black one.

seen_162mph

I gave up trying to understand your post....it was sort of one giant thought...but anyway I just want to know if you want to sell your bumper and possibly the hood. Let me know what you want for them and I can have my ppl in the 619 pick them up for me. I'm in Colorado

Also...i'm new to this forum...is it taboo to give out your number or something? I figure its 2012 and we all have smartphones...what the hell are we messaging on here back and forth for days when arrangements can be made in a two or three minute convo?

Thanks

Hotrodhendrix

Nice catch on the wife.. She wants you to keep them.. She is far more rare than any alltrac.

iYour 12k price sounds cheap for all those parts and both cars but that is to a VERY limited group of people. As far as dollar for time spent you would be best off just removing the big bolt on upgrades. Turbo kits, ecu, bov etc etc etc. Replace all that with stock. Coilovers do not sale for much used so I would let those go. Break upgrades remove and sale seperate.

Keep one othe cars though. You dont need the money, your wife is ok with it and most likely you would regret it in the future.

~James

underscore

seen_162mph":64w1fj6f said:
Also...i'm new to this forum...is it taboo to give out your number or something? I figure its 2012 and we all have smartphones...what the hell are we messaging on here back and forth for days when arrangements can be made in a two or three minute convo?

You must be new to the internet, posting your phone number up is usually asking for spam texts and telemarketer/scam calls. If you want someones number PM them for it.

gtfourdreams

quite honestly, i think most people don't care for spare parts.. not because they don't want them. most of us people don't have the room for spares. most of us would throw $12k for both your cars and all your parts. but.. then we would also need to have another $10k a year for dedicated garage space to store it all. LOL

Awesome-Trac

I do care about what spare parts I have but willing to let it go as long as I know it's helping another Trac get back on the road

seen_162mph

I am looking for the prop shaft, middle scoop for an RC hood, front and rear bumpers and my Trac will be complete!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.