Might buy a 1991 Alltrac. What should I look for?

lumbercis

The most important part of that ad was "No Rust."

There are so few alltracs running around that finding one bone stock is going to near impossible, although they do pop up very occasionally. The level of modification of that car seems pretty light. About the only silly thing he did was remove the AC. (In California? :crazy: ) But nothing that's reversible if you wish.

As always do a carfax and ask him to take it to a mechanic of your choice for an inspection and go from there.

underscore

Getting one completely stock will likely end up costing you more, like it was already said those mods are fairly minor and half of them are good to do to these cars anyways (like the new exhaust & wideband).

If the body is straight and it's rust-free on the frame then I'd say go for it if a mechanical inspection turns out good (compression test, etc).

edit: Also since he mentions saving his house & has a million tags in the ad it sounds like he's desperate to sell it quickly. Since these are tough cars to sell quickly for full value, if you show up with cash in hand he'll likely take a bit of a lowball (bring full asking price, but split the cash so you have your offer in one pocket and the rest in another).

celicat93

lumbercis":1nyymjy1 said:
About the only silly thing he did was remove the AC. (In California? :crazy: )

Eh, I've toyed with the idea of taking mine out since it leaks. I have the All-Trac as my nice car and a Nissan Sentra with auto transmission and AC as my all-season cheaper on gas car. I don't enjoy driving the All-Trac when it's hot enough to have to have the windows closed and AC on anyway, so...

Awesome-Trac

I don't use my A/C and I live in Cali, it's not that I don't want to use it...I'm just to lazy to recharge besides my windows are always rolled down cause I enjoy fresh Cali smog