Who runs the supra ct26?

celigts

Who is using the supra ct26 rather then the stock Celica ct26? I'll be getting one soon but needs new seals.

Is it worth the work and money to swap onto the alltrac? Does it boost anymore then ours do?

Geoff

Got one in the shed, but it needs a rebuild and clocking (or we'll fit a front mount IC) before putting it in our 165. If you've got a 185 it may not be suitable - the Supra one is a single entry like the 165, with a 4 bolt downpipe (unless there is a later Supra one). I believe it does boost slightly more than a gen1 3SGTE CT26.

Hotrodhendrix

They do bolt right up.. Now for higher boost some have said it does flow slightly more although I would not consider this an upgrade. More of a correction to an already bad stock turbo. Gains will be minimal at best.

~James

celigts

Well that's a fair trade I think. How would someone go about testing the difference in performance? Or just generally not worth the hassle of swapping.

Hotrodhendrix

celigts":1uo1471k said:
Well that's a fair trade I think. How would someone go about testing the difference in performance? Or just generally not worth the hassle of swapping.

I would say its not worth the hassle. As far as showing the difference.. You could dyno both but to get a decent base line they both would have to be in exactly the same shape. So the cost to rebuild both, cost of dyno time and time to swap the two..

~James

celigts

:/ hmm yea pretty much eh. My car would have to be in good running condition too so it would be acurate.