How long since you have driven your alltrac?

tw2

I'm at about 12 months but I haven't driven it properly for almost 2 years. How about you guys?

I think most people must use theirs to help add structural support to their garage or to keep the lawn from growing.

ALLensTRAC

Alltracs are not transportation, they are garage art. I put about 200 miles on my car in 2 weeks and that was 2 years ago :cry:
My wife calls it structural ballast for the foundation of our home.

sMARTINside

For me, this year was a good year. I have made so much maintenance and restoration in the last years that now it's drivable everyday. Anyway, I only use it once in a while for a fun ride, mostly on the weekends, because it sucks up gas pretty fast, and I want to save the Alltrac.

underscore

Not since March. And even then, I only drove it a tiny bit before a gasket fully blew, so really about a year.

88gt4DE

3 weeks .... I try to get out in it every couple weeks and drive it somewhere at least .... At times it will be a month or so at a time in between runs ...

mx6er2587

about 3 weeks here as well. I put 12k miles on mine last year. This year only a few hunderd though as I bought a second car

edit: ok well I had a second car last year too but my mkII golf beater was broken down so often it made the alltrac the reliable alternative

celicat93

Taking notes for when For Sale posts come along for these cars... ;)

Mine's not a daily driver but I try to drive it whenever I go somewhere and I'm off work, when the weather is good. So, like two days ago. I sometimes drive my other car because I don't feel like shifting. :p

quieter

1500 km since i bought it. drove it for 2 weeks out of 14 months i had it. transmission and diff blew on me first week i had it.then i bought a st205 WRC front clip and took everything but the block. took 5 months to install the transmission and rear subframe because the guy was a loather, triple charged me the original labour price and also scammed me with the clutch (explained later on). 15 km after my turbo stops spooling so i open it and cant find the exhaust turbine :S.so i changed it and when i tested it, the transmission takes a crap on me AGAIN and the clutch stayed engaged all the time. my friend helped me open it and a spring fell. so right there i knew that the guy who made the installation took that purple pressure plate and good clutch for himself and left me my old one. since then im almost done, installed a stage 2 clutch and a 10 pnd flywheel. im waiting on my axel seals, exhaust gaskets, front passenger axel rebuild (couldnt pop it off no matter how hard my buddy was hitting it) and lower crossmember aluminum bushings from speedsource. i really have the worst luck eve, i spent over 7000-8000$ in labour and parts and barely running. still need to do the powersteering pump but i wont do it now. hopefully its going to run next week

ALLensTRAC

Actually Andrew you just made me feel better about it being 2 years since lol. Another thing I like about this community: Everyone seems to stay dedicated to their Tracs even though its definetly a love/hate kind of car lol :crazy:

CMS-GT4

I drove it 20 feet about a week ago. Other than that, not for most of the summer. Once I get my caliper back, it should be on the road again.

hasnt left the driveway since March. Drove it to Bear Mountain in 2008 after getting it rebuilt and back together. Have driven it 4 times since. Bought it in 2001 and have driven it 11k since then :(
But I have it ready to go to a meet Saturday :D