So I have the worst luck

Rpz123isme

I got to drive my car 180 miles yesterday, I was a little nervous being it has never gone more then 20 miles from my house. anyhow it went good not a single problem. then this morning on my way to work (about 6 miles) my trac started to spit and sputter, I parked it and worked for the day. clocked out at 4 and couldn't get the mofo to do anything other then idle. Im hoping its a tps or wires. Im thinking tps because it act the same with it plugged in or unplugged? anyhow tomorrow i will tow it home and sort it out. At least it didn't do this crap on my trip.

tw2

I know what you mean. I used to get freaked out when I drove mine. I get very surprised when I actually complete the journey with no problems.

Rpz123isme

Sadly i just did plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, and air filter last weekend. But the way the car is acting i think its shitty wires or tps? What is a good set of wires. Im running belden? ....

I agree about my little trip. I thought something was going to go wrong. Thankfully it started acting up close to home.

UtahSleeper

I would just check the resistance and outside of the ignition wires before replacing.

How do you test a TPS? I have been meaning to test mine since mine only idles well and when reving it stumbles bad.

l0ch0w

The BGB has a nice little writeup on how to re-adjust your TPS...

Wouldnt surprize me if it was wires though.. Have you checked for massive intake/boost leaks?

Rpz123isme

I have done the tps befor. Its pretty easy. I have not even looked under the hood since i got her home.....lol. A boost leak could very well be the cause

Rpz123isme

Well i just decided to look for a boost leak, none where found so i checked codes and i have 41 for the tps...... go figure.....lol Ill check the wiring first because Its the 3rd tps i have put in this car. it kinda sucks to get to because of my side feed.