The "How many alltracs/gtfours have you seen in person" game

cgtdream

Surprisingly ive seen way more GT4's and Caldina GT4's than i have ever any alltracs. I would say around 10 GT4's and double the number of caldina's...Think its because they are more popular in japan or something. Or the part of japan i was at. Sadly, ive only really seen Alltracs in the junkyards out there.

ktulu

In person 1, and it's my st165. I know there's an st185 running around, I've seen it for sale a few times. My friend almost traded his 92 civic hatch for it. It looks incredibly clean, I tried so hard to convince him it'd be a worthwhile trade.

mike325ci

Great thread~

In my 10 years of ownership, I have never seen another AllTrac on the street randomly (that wasn't specifically an AllTrac/MR2 Meet.) I don't expect to see one for another 10 years either, haha...

The most I have ever seen in one place was the meet we had down in Maryland a few years ago. I believe it was 9 AllTracs total:

Photos from that meet:
http://coruxgroup.com/go/carpix/2010/al ... -raven-md/

Eurus

1 other st165 (plus my own)
3 st185s (1 rhd swapped st185)
Might have found another in Everett.

I know of at least 4 more I plan on seeing over the next year or so.

wakkjobb

First 165 was the blue one I first rebuilt, second was _Scott_'s gray DD, third was Alltrac Avenger's that I bought, fourth was a white 165 near bridge47's place, fifth was Legacy's Scarlet, (do I count Whitey and the other rusted white 165?) then eighth was the red one I have now. Wait, I saw Dracov's black stallion at some point between 3 and 5... it has the hood from Alltrac Avenger's 165 now. Thanks, hail storm!

185s... there's bridge47's, one on the Amalfi Coast (teal 185) during a vacation and maybe one at the drive-thru next to my work; it was kind of beat and I wasn't 100% sure it was a 185.

205s... ha, not in America! :cry:

CSAlltrac

See if I can remember all of them,
Mine (185),Centerforce car (185), Cmonterio's (185), a white one from Tucson (Member here, forgot who) (185), a doctor back in my home town has a maroon one with like 14k on it that I saw him pull it into sunlight one single time then right back into the garage (185), one at a shuttle parking lot back home (also another member here) (185), then there was a guy I worked with at a Toyota dealership who was a tech, Gearheadforlife was his username here for a little bit. He had two 185s and two 165s, one of the 165s was the cleanest I had ever laid my eyes on (including sub models) and was an IMSAGTO special edition with 25k original on it. He offered to trade it to me too! Sometimes I regret not doing it. (Don't tell my 185 that, she will blow up on me). Finally Toyotafest, Monkey8oi's (165), and Chris's (185).
So total is nine St185s and three ST165s. Do I get extra points if I fixed something on at least half of them? :p

___Scott___

wakkjobb":3mnb1b84 said:
First 165 was the blue one I first rebuilt, second was _Scott_'s gray DD,
l'm pretty sure you saw my blue 165 before you saw my gray one, so add one to the list.

Xander_42

The first four I saw all within a few days maybe.

4 ST165s Red, Black, White. I saw the red one first, because it was the one I was there to buy (and now it's mine, still can't wait to drive it). The black one has a blown up motor, but is in fantastic shape otherwise. The white one was beat to hell, had been wrecked and sitting outside for a long time. Alas, it was the first of the three to get running again (which I hate to admit). Then I saw the gray one. It was in the parking lot of a car show where not one car was as cool as a beat old gray ST165.

1 ST185 (blac), I first saw this car while I was washing my 510. It is RHD. I have seen it around Bellingham a couple times since then.

I need to get to some All-Trac meet ups as soon as my car is on the road (good news though, it is getting there: bad news, it is getting there slowly).

Eurus

Xander_42":3dseuvwz said:

1 ST185 (blac), I first saw this car while I was washing my 510. It is RHD. I have seen it around Bellingham a couple times since then.

I need to get to some All-Trac meet ups as soon as my car is on the road (good news though, it is getting there: bad news, it is getting there slowly).
That ones Sams.
Let me know if you want a All trac meet up, Im totally down and know a few more in the area.

Xander_42

Eurus":1vqg2m61 said:
That ones Sams.
Let me know if you want a All trac meet up, Im totally down and know a few more in the area.

I will. I think my car will be running in the not too distant future. So maybe come better weather we can set something up?

adrian88alltrac":1vqg2m61 said:
Where was this car show? Might have been mine.

It was in Bellingham, it was one of the ImportMeet shows. It was up off Meridian on Axton. I don't remember what the business there is.

pero

Ha! I’ve seen hundreds. Saw my first one at the 1988 Chicago Auto Show. It was nice, but there were other Toyotas that I was more interested in at the time. Remember, this was in the midst of Toyota’s glory days, so not only were there Celica GTs, GT-Ss and All-Trac Turbos, there were also normally aspirated & supercharged rear engine MR2s with T-tops, Supras & Supra Turbos, and even a sharp looking line of Corollas with SR5 and top of the line GT-S models available. At the time, I was lusting after a black, T-top Supra Turbo even though I was very happy with the 1978 Celica GT Coupe 5-speed I owned. Looking back, I probably would have liked the All-trac at the Auto Show more, but it was the worst color combo ever – white with blue interior, just awful! I think that GM and Toyota had a competition going on back then to see who could make the ugliest blue interior.
The first ST185 I ever saw live in public was a black one at night in a Walgreens parking lot back in 1990. I thought that car was SEX and I decided right then that I’d be getting my hands on one eventually. After college, I drove a Suzuki Swift GT for a few years which I sold (how stupid of me - other than my IS300, that was the most fun-to-drive car I’ve ever owned) to fund the purchase of a n/a 1988 Supra, which I sold to fund a 1992 Eagle Talon Tsi, which I sold to fund my 1990 All-trac. I was smart enough to only add cars to my stable after that and not sell anything I liked. Hence, I still have my Celica to this day!
In the 90's I used to see 10-20 All-tracs each year, then in the 00's it went down to about 5/year, now I only see 2 or 3 each year.
However, I did just see a blue ST185 in the near west burbs last week and there's a ratty but running red ST185 I see in my neighborhood in the NW burbs on occasion. I really don't mind seeing less of them, as it only makes mine more rare. :)

Eurus

Xander_42":d1a3k6pw said:
Eurus":d1a3k6pw said:
That ones Sams.

I will. I think my car will be running in the not too distant future. So maybe come better weather we can set something up?

Sounds good.
Ill be out at Golden Gardens this weekend, but Im not sure If Ill take the Celica.