Sparco / Recaro seats replica

darthripley

why yes that is the turbo timer i am looking for! correct period specific part i need :)
we can take that discussion to PM :D

the wheel was ~40 UK pounds ... so $70ish USD is close i think when a real deal Nardi/Personal is somewhere in the $250-300 range depending on style.
the knockoff wheel in the video is stamped as a Nardi sold as a straight fake .. or "replica" as is so often used on ebay.

i know tons of people have NRG wheels & hubs, etc but for me personally i felt better spending the extra coin on a works bell setup. i got it on sale, from a distributor so i know it's all genuine. deals are out there for the quality brand names so you can get good genuine stuff for the price of competitor copies, just takes a lot of looking & shopping :)

aus jd 2703

ive been told a saying that i agree with lately, i was told it specifically to helmets but imo applies to everything.
$20 helmet for a $20 head!
seats are more important so imo unless you can afford a good brand seat from a reputable seller then stick with stock!
i do find it amusing people will spend $40k plus on car mods and race around a track in a 5 point harness without a HANS device and a cheap motor bike helmet! thats the best example of stupidity!

underscore

darthripley":2wpinexu said:
the wheel was ~40 UK pounds ... so $70ish USD is close i think when a real deal Nardi/Personal is somewhere in the $250-300 range depending on style.
the knockoff wheel in the video is stamped as a Nardi sold as a straight fake .. or "replica" as is so often used on ebay.

i know tons of people have NRG wheels & hubs, etc but for me personally i felt better spending the extra coin on a works bell setup. i got it on sale, from a distributor so i know it's all genuine. deals are out there for the quality brand names so you can get good genuine stuff for the price of competitor copies, just takes a lot of looking & shopping :)

That seems to be the problem with straight fakes, chances are the price was inflated a bit by the seller to make it look more likely that it's a real Nardi. IMO buying an unbranded/offbranded product that's styled after a high end product is always better then buying a fake that is "branded" with the high end name but clearly isn't. If someone isn't at least putting their own brand name on it then it's going to be garbage. ie "Nardi style" > "Nardi replica"

aus jd 2703":2wpinexu said:
ive been told a saying that i agree with lately, i was told it specifically to helmets but imo applies to everything.
$20 helmet for a $20 head!
seats are more important so imo unless you can afford a good brand seat from a reputable seller then stick with stock!
i do find it amusing people will spend $40k plus on car mods and race around a track in a 5 point harness without a HANS device and a cheap motor bike helmet! thats the best example of stupidity!

That's what I'm doing, I'm trying to sort out who actually makes quality seats. For example I've found seats that are tested for as little as $400, and seats that have no mention of testing that cost $2000 and are regarded as "good seats" by many people. Cost isn't the only deciding factor in quality, but a lot of people blindly assume that the most expensive option is the best one. Fit and finish is also completely irrelevant when it comes to safety products, I don't care how fancy or well made the outside of something looks, it can still be crap on the inside.

aus jd 2703

IMO look at what racers use and then buy that brands entry level seat.
in Australia we have several brands you guys may or may not get.
OMP (u should)
velo
racetech
plus your normal recaro's

all have seats from the $400 to $2k, for a street/ weekend play car you dont need any carbon or kevlar so pretty much that rules out the expensive ones leaving you a windor of about$4-900 assuming you dont want a recliner.

bride and recaro are over priced not doubt about! but second hand recaros from evo/skyline/WRX etc can be had cheaply
imo if you want a recliner, get evo seats check recliner 4 point compatible and holds good.

aus jd 2703

i know that i didn't explain it clearly.
new fixed back recaro's imo are over priced but you can get second hand reclinable recaros from evo's skylines WRX's even Porsche for a reasonable price but they are recliners.
if you want fixed back id look at other brand if you want recliners second hand recaro's are good value and u know their safe

underscore

Yonaka hasn't replied yet, but Status emailed me back today, they do not test their reclining seats:

Hey Jordan,

Unfortunately we don't really have any testing data on our Reclinable seats. Maybe we will in the future but as of right now we don't have anything.

Best Regards,

Michael

Hotrodhendrix

Actually do some research over on the S2k forums. They have reviews of some of the bride seats vs the fakes. Atleast some of the posts I read and a local buddy show that the seats are identical even including the material used. Only difference they could find was the Bride tag and that includes the actual seat structure. This was years back though.

~James