Blew the head gasket today

CSAlltrac

:| Yep sure did. My car hates Toyotafest, this is the second time it has had a failure a month before the show. Hopefully I didnt crack a cylinder wall. The car didnt get to hot, 230 was the hottest I saw. Debating on tearing into her tomorrow but either way I think going to the show isnt happening.

CSAlltrac

I honestly think I'm going to find a cracked block. The car had coolant in the oil. I've been reading that around the 300 HP mark the blocks start to crack. I'm at 350 AWHP, or was so its a good possibility.

RedCelicaTRD

You can get coolant in the oil from just a blown headgasket, it does guarantee you have a cracked block. And HP figures have nothing to do with a block cracking.

It only takes a few hours to pull the head! Get it done!

CSAlltrac

RedCelicaTRD":3vxelyk8 said:
You can get coolant in the oil from just a blown headgasket, it does guarantee you have a cracked block. And HP figures have nothing to do with a block cracking.

You mean to say it doesn't guarantee a cracked block? I'm working away on it hoping it is only a gasket. If it does have a cracked block keep an eye out for my motor part out. I'll be going back to bone stock tunes on AEM and basic bolt ons. I ally miss my full boost by 2000RPM.

187flatliner

well shyt can you still go?.....id reimburse your reg if you can switch it to my ride? and you can ride with me in or something, werent you rolling with a few people anyways? ill be in desert hot springs ca, during that time

RedCelicaTRD

CSAlltrac":2tjq9a40 said:
RedCelicaTRD":2tjq9a40 said:

You mean to say it doesn't guarantee a cracked block? I'm working away on it hoping it is only a gasket. If it does have a cracked block keep an eye out for my motor part out. I'll be going back to bone stock tunes on AEM and basic bolt ons. I ally miss my full boost by 2000RPM.

Correct, grammatical skills and error checking got away from me.

monkey8oi

no fucking way bro.. that sucks to hear.. hopefully you get it done and to the show.. i was looking forward to checking out the new setup..

CSAlltrac

187flatliner":ki1rah9u said:
well shyt can you still go?.....id reimburse your reg if you can switch it to my ride? and you can ride with me in or something, werent you rolling with a few people anyways? ill be in desert hot springs ca, during that time
PMed
Here's what I found guys, the worst possible thing that could of happend followed by the second worst possible thing. Huge crack in the cylinder wall plus a broken piston! Awesome :| At a cross road again, either going to part all the high HP stuff and go back to stock tuned on AEM, or save up for a short block from Kris @ KO. I will never use ATS again! Guys can't even answer their phone so they lose my business.

Hotrodhendrix

CSAlltrac":n842kw9s said:
187flatliner":n842kw9s said:
PMed
Here's what I found guys, the worst possible thing that could of happend followed by the second worst possible thing. Huge crack in the cylinder wall plus a broken piston! Awesome :| At a cross road again, either going to part all the high HP stuff and go back to stock tuned on AEM, or save up for a short block from Kris @ KO. I will never use ATS again! Guys can't even answer their phone so they lose my business.

Ohhhhh man that is horrible. Sorry to hear. ATS never answers there phone which is one of the many reasons they lost my business as well. Its hard to keep up in spirits when they pull stuff on us like this but remember the joy when she was going!

~James

Rpz123isme

Get in touch with me if you want your motor done right. I can sleeve all 4 holes with thick wall racing sleeves for around 550.

CSAlltrac

Im shiping everything to Kris in a few weeks. Trading the 35R for a 3071 and will retune when all back together. Im taking this as an opportunity to change some things I really didnt like about this set up. Getting a lot more powder coating done and might drop the rear subframe to do my arm bushings and frame bushings as well as powder everything back there too.