Summer time blues...

Toyota_Todd

I just can't believe this place is so quiet. The other Celica site is dead too but it seems like people would be doing something with their cars...its summer for goodness sakes.

My car has been getting some attention, but its on hold until I get the downpipe and manifold back from the Ceramic coaters.

Come on alltrac society, its time to wake up out little sleepy community.

syko says

I've been workin on my friends 91 185. Interior was in pieces, put that all back in minus the rear seats. Driver side front suspension wasnt screwed into the strut housing, got that all settled and seated correctly. next I'm gutting his a/c then figuring out why the shifter won't hit 2nd 4th or reverse. Will be changing the shifter cables hoping that'll solve the problem. after that its routine maintenance with all fluids changed, spark plugs, etc. she's a piece of work, but she's getting love.

As far as the site being quiet. I haven't been on here in years, so there are hundreds of posts I haven't read. I'm catching up and keeping busy.

Awesome-Trac

I wish I can starting modding my Trac BUT everytime I get close enough to buying performance parts another piece fails and I'm back to square one

88gt4DE

Awesome-Trac":3u9jabiv said:
I wish I can starting modding my Trac BUT everytime I get close enough to buying performance parts another piece fails and I'm back to square one

Either that or we get a mod done and find a way to break something we can't find ... :bangshead:

killemalltrac

88gt4DE":1fewiwx3 said:
Awesome-Trac":1fewiwx3 said:

Either that or we get a mod done and find a way to break something we can't find ... :bangshead:
thats the worst... lol

Boo_Guy

88gt4DE":1sfurvq8 said:
Awesome-Trac":1sfurvq8 said:

I just installed my boost controller and ARC TMIC that Ive had for awhile, I hope I dont break anything or else the car will have to sit for a little while.

I havent been out for a drive to test it yet because Ive been smoking my tail lights. One more layer of clearcoat and they can go back on. 8)

toayoztan

I'm still around! I've been in lurk mode from time to time. New job, newborn, and new house has kept me extremely busy to even touch my car.

Realistically, my project is on hold til next summer...

Bryan

wakkjobb

I was out of touch a while after I traded my blue 165 for a semi-built Yota rock crawler; THAT was an adventure... then its bearings shit the bed and it was eventually parted out and scrapped. Bought another rolling chassis to do a 3.4 swap but that never got off the ground either and was parted out and scrapped. See a pattern yet? :roll:

Picked up another 165 a while back but haven't done much to it besides getting it running; needs clutch, radiator, axles, struts, windshield, seals for the quarter glass and then it'll be put to DD use.

Impending mods include, but are not limited to: GT2860RS swap, side-feed swap, FMIC fitment, cruise and A/C removal, tint from this century, short-throw shifter, MBC, FCD, HFH bypass w/oil filter relocation, oil cooler, bigger exhaust and nice new gaskets for everything.

Then stuff will start to break, and it'll be down like everyone else. :bangshead: