ST165 icons for TomTom

transce080

Only made a couple so far. I can try to make specific colors if there is interest.

ST165%20Grey.bmp
ST165%20Red.bmp

For me to install this, I just plug in the TomTom and copy it to T:\art\cars where T is the TomTom drive letter. Your device may vary.

TomTom-screen-st165-grey.jpg
TomTom-screen-st165-red.jpg

Here is the source image by maxaud from PixelCarArt.

transce080

If you're thinking about buying a TomTom, I have two suggestions. First, get a unit with lifetime map updates (!).

Second, if you're the type that seeks out twisty back roads with a passion or enjoys lazy scenic routes, make sure you get a unit that support the Itinerary function. It basically allows you create detailed custom driving routes, bypassing the GPS' annoying tendency to always want to leave interesting back roads in favor of faster routes. I have one that's over a hundred turns long, winding through national and local parks and country back roads for an epic two hour cruise. For some obtuse reason, they've discontinued the Itinerary function in the new car units (but retained it for motorcycle units, as if bikers are the only ones who cruise) but I was able to find a bunch of units on Amazon that still had it like my XL340 M.

Awesome-Trac

i honestly hate my TomTom cause even with the updates and other TomTom user corrections it still seems to throw me somewhere else still but i do love some of the icons and the start up screens. Yoshi from Mario cart as a icon and TRD logo start up screen in the beginning and end

transce080

I do start to suspect that my TomTom secretly finds the route with the most stoplights... But seriously, I think every one of the major GPS brands has flaws. I think it's just about finding one you can live with. My TomTom, while maybe not always the fastest, is rock-solid, unlike Google Navigation on my phone which has flaked out on me more than I can count. ;)

Awesome-Trac

transce080":2brphitq said:
I do start to suspect that my TomTom secretly finds the route with the most stoplights... But seriously, I think every one of the major GPS brands has flaws. I think it's just about finding one you can live with. My TomTom, while maybe not always the fastest, is rock-solid, unlike Google Navigation on my phone which has flaked out on me more than I can count. ;)

its cause it hates fast cars lol but i understand what you mean i only use it to take me home which is the only thing its good for oh and the speed im going overall still decent when it wants to be

underscore

Definitely get lifetime map updates, and as far as route making is concerned I prefer to use Tyre and set everything up on the PC beforehand since I hate using piddly little screens. You used to be able to dump mapping straight from Google to your GPS but they removed that, jerks.