Why just why?

Droptop93

Why are alltrac's so ridiculously priced? I know the rarity of them and the prestigious past, but they are still a 20+ year old celica. I've found a what seems to be a clean 90 pretty close to me (few hours away) but I just can't justify the over $9k price for it as much as I want one, in what seems like a pretty much stock unmolested trac. .......help me

that car is not gonna sell!! give it time, he'll eventually get tired of looking at it and will have to drop his price...

ALLensTRAC

Droptop93":21lvti3a said:
Why are alltrac's so ridiculously priced? I know the rarity of them and the prestigious past, but they are still a 20+ year old celica. I've found a what seems to be a clean 90 pretty close to me (few hours away) but I just can't justify the over $9k price for it as much as I want one, in what seems like a pretty much stock unmolested trac. .......help me

Where have you been looking for one? All I see are cheap Tracs for sale. It seems like they continue to fall in price. 10k$ for Tubasteves car is a steal IMO!! That is probably rust free and under a 100k miles plus a mountain of alltrac parts. I ask why they aren't worth more!?!

When I started to look for my car I had found a clean well taken care of 1992 which was for sale on this board for 12k$ and a somewhat ratty 1992 in FL for 4500$. Both cars were black but the latter car had a built motor, big brakes, clean interior, KO turbo kit, and it was a Colorado/Arizona car it's entire life meaning no rust. It was in New York. The other car had rust issues, torn up seats, botched body repairs, etc. I began saving a lot of money per week and started to think I could buy the 12k one. Then life happened and I could no longer afford the clean one. I purchased the 92 from FL and began my project.....4 years later it is still in a thousand pieces from all the repairs I had to make on it. I have enough money in it to buy it 4 times over yet it's still not done.

Moral of the story: Get the cleanest one you can not afford and make it work somehow. I bet I'd be driving mine if it had been a 10-15k Trac. They're out there, owned by nut jobs like us, that have no problem dumping thousands into a car that rarely sells for 10k ever! One day somewhat soon they will be worth a whole lot more once Supra's and Mr2's become unattainable in value.

lumbercis

Droptop93":1n0ndenz said:

If it's stock, low mileage, rust free and black for $9k tell me where it is and I'll buy it!

Otherwise I think the real problem with tracs is their condition, not their price. Ones in good condition almost don't exist. For any price. I think the few owners of clean ones realize this and over time you'll see the market for them bifurcate into ratted out examples for $3k or so and clean examples closer to $10k+.

I agree with ALLensTRAC.. buy the nicest one you can afford and keep it nice. I bought a "cheap project" thinking I would fix all the problems and while it's significantly better than when I bought it, I would have much rather put my money into something that was nice to begin with.

Droptop93

It appears completely bone stock not black though sorry, I'm still a waiting more pics, I will own one, hell may this one but unless I can beat him down on the price or just let it be for sale for quite a while and wait him out......

Also agree with the buying the best we can afford. I just don't realize how they can price em so far out sometimes

Droptop93

Haven't even really been looking persay but every once in a while I come a cross an intriguing for sale ad. Last one was a flop turn out to be a rusty pile of crap and a buddy of mine and I drove 5 hours there and 5 hours back and still only had my celica when we returned. Lol

FC Zach

ALLensTRAC":1idmhmor said:
Droptop93":1idmhmor said:
Moral of the story: Get the cleanest one you can not afford and make it work somehow. I bet I'd be driving mine if it had been a 10-15k Trac. They're out there, owned by nut jobs like us, that have no problem dumping thousands into a car that rarely sells for 10k ever! One day somewhat soon they will be worth a whole lot more once Supra's and Mr2's become unattainable in value.

I'm glad there are others out there that think this way. We have some customers that want to buy RE5s off us (I help at Rotary Recycle) and complain about the price. They think they can built one for less and against our better judgement some of the more stubborn ones still proceed with buying the "parts bike". Some of the stubborn customers have learned the hard way when they see how quickly parts add up.

When I got my Celica I thought the price was a little high but it came with extra stuff that made me feel it was well worth the asking price and never once haggled with the guy.

underscore

ALLensTRAC":1gxmhjcz said:

Agreed, neglected maintenance alone can kill you with any car. I've bought a lot of not quite necessary mods for my car but I still don't like to think about how much I have into a car with a stock interior and an engine that hasn't been cracked open.

pero

1337computing":1vvjoll6 said:
There only going to get higher in price. (I Hope)

I agree. All of ours keep getting worth more every time one gets totalled or parted out. It's like money in the bank. Assuming you keep it clean and leave it stock, which is hard to do.

Chuck.hudson

Well......can we get a pic of that. You cant just make a statement like that and leave us at the mercy of our own imaginations. I would love to see it.

Robin-evo6rs2

1 off 800 LHD evo VI ever bild..

I have bild the engine .

dyno is WHP :)
Thats 438 pk en 561nm...on the fly

Attachments

• evo 6 foto 2.jpg
    evo 6 foto 2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 876
  • Robin Dyno 8-2-2014.jpg
    Robin Dyno 8-2-2014.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 876

TheNubkins

I think that's a pretty great price considering the shape of the car. I paid $10,500 like six years ago for a 1990 with about 61,000 miles, and it was bone stock. Then came all the extras. I'd shit now if I calculated what I'm into the thing for. If I didn't already have mine I'd fly down and pick this sweet one up ASAP. I think if the car is well taken care of they can command a hefty price, but the bad thing is the only people willing to pay such a price are the people who know what the car is and how rare such a nice example is...so sadly it will most likely sit and take a long time to sell.