What to expect to pay for a clean, stock 1993?

General Chat

Re: What to expect to pay for a clean, stock 1993?

Postby crymson » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:05 pm

It's off a face lifted 7th gen
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
1990 Red Celica GT-S "Gracie" - sold
2001 Red Celica GT-S "Hannah"
1993 Formerly Blue Celica Alltrac "Alexandra"
crymson
Club Member

Postby lumbercis » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:31 pm

r-town wrote:Not so clean this guy wants $13k for his:

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/4499642556.html

but hey, it has lambo doors hehe

Oh jeez somebody save it! I should count up the money it would cost to remove all the terrible mods he's done and subtract from his asking price and offer him that.
Caldina powered...
lumbercis
Gold Member

Postby GT4times2 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:33 am

msanders2 wrote:
Mr Alltrac wrote:You are correct, 81 were sold in the us in 1993.

I have my own needle in a haystack and that's finding a metallic teal all trac :)

I know where ones at! I've tried to buy it before. Unfortunately the owner is in jail and it's sitting, wasting away.

You must live in Georgia (say 40 minutes North of Atlanta). I know of the same car too. :D
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE (The Daily Pacifier)
05 Toyota Avalon XLS
90 ST185 Gen4
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member

Postby GT4times2 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:12 am

Mr Alltrac wrote:93 is a more sought after year, but a clean car with 100k on the chassis I wouldn't be surprised if that guy could get 7500-9k for that car. Depends on the enthusiast that's going after it tho.

That's what it boils down to. What someone is willing to pay for it. To me, I really don't care whether it's a 90 or 93. I'd take a clean low mileage 90 over a higher mileage 93. The year means little to me. It will be lightly modded (or a resto mod) anyways. These cars have always been and will always be appreciated by a small group of enthusiasts anyways. I'm not going to lose my mind over a year (or 2) difference. That being said, just being able to find a clean All Trac is not easy. They're not going to be collector cars, they'll just appreciated by the same small group of enthusiasts (that like them now), or their off-springs (I even doubt that).

Owning and restoring these cars is an unparalleled labor of love. I would focus more on finding a clean ST185 of any year versus a 93, just because it's a 93 (unless that 93 is in mint condition). The changes are minimal at best. (Horsepower didn't even go up. Aside from a few cosmetic changes, there isn't much difference). Any noticeable difference will be outdone by modern, available after market parts or JDM ST185 parts. I'm just happy to own a few All Tracs.
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE (The Daily Pacifier)
05 Toyota Avalon XLS
90 ST185 Gen4
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member

Postby Mr Alltrac » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:55 am

I definently agree, I would love to find a low mileage well taken care of 90 all trac, as apposed to a decet 93, which aesthetically you will change tail lights and a few other changes where you wouldn't be able to identify the year unless you knew the car.
Mr Alltrac
Club Member

Postby dragstang86 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Now, almost 4 years after my initial post, I am revisiting the idea of purchasing this same 93 that now has had a couple of the minor issues addressed. What do you guys think is market price in today's market?

1993 - White - fully loaded with leather, System 10, etc.
185k miles on chassis,
70k on rebuilt engine, turbo, trans.
Rust free and very clean inside and out.
Completely stock besides a 50 trim compressor and a JDM trans (I don't know of any difference with the JDM trans)
Only issue is a quarter panel that needs to be repaired due to getting bumped into the garage.($850 repair per estimate)
Used OEM parts on everything, including a recently replaced OEM B-pipe.
It has a new set of Koni's on it which is the only non OEM part that I am aware other than the 50 trim compressor.

I have not yet seen it in person, but from the pictures I've seen, you'd never know the chassis had 185k on it. It's a two owner car and spent the first 11 years of it's life in Texas and has been garage kept it's entire life.

Thoughts on value/price?
92 All trac
dragstang86
Club Member

Previous

Return to Club Chat