PA State Cop Dousn't Like my 3" Exhaust

General Chat

PA State Cop Dousn't Like my 3" Exhaust

Postby 1337computing » Sun May 25, 2014 3:38 am

Got pulled over because "your exhaust is to loud". Told me to put a stock exhaust back on lol. The kicker is I'm getting a ticket in the mail but was told dont pay just go to court and I will drop it. WTF??? F*UCk the police.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
1990 Celica All-Trac Turbo ST185

3" Berk DP, 3" Straight Piped, Magnecor Wires, EBC+
1337computing
Club Member
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Allentown, PA

Re: PA State Cop Dousn't Like my 3" Exhaust

Postby Awesome-Trac » Sun May 25, 2014 4:27 am

I was given a fix it ticket by the Bart station police! This fool actually drove around the spot I was parking at three times then waited until I walked into my car and pulled out of the parking then flashed me right away! "Asshole"
-1988 Celica Alltrac (white) Sold
-1988 Celica Alltrac (black) new project
-1990 Corolla sedan (sky blue) totalled by my brother :(
-1990 Celica GT-S hatchback (sky blue) daily driver

•Daniel
Awesome-Trac
Established Member
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:31 am
Location: NORCAL "Bay Area"

Re: PA State Cop Dousn't Like my 3" Exhaust

Postby quieter » Sun May 25, 2014 9:51 am

sounds reassuring in my case... haven't installed my 3 inch exhaust yet its been a year now, what does yours looks like?
Last edited by quieter on Sun May 25, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990 toyota ST185 with st205 goodies (scrapped)
2011 BMW 535xi M pack (daily)

-Simon
User avatar
quieter
Club Member
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: PA State Cop Dousn't Like my 3" Exhaust

Postby Mafix » Sun May 25, 2014 11:06 am

i love specialty tags
Mafix
Gold Member
 
Posts: 5877
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:56 pm

Re: PA State Cop Dousn't Like my 3" Exhaust

Postby 88gt4DE » Sun May 25, 2014 4:17 pm

Mine has def attracted more attention since installed ...
Rob
1988 ST165 - 77K - Project ---> http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=31483&start=240
2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 - 162K - DD - Thanks 97JZA80
2007 Toyota Rav4 - 110K - My girls DD
1999 Honda Civic - 116K - Highway Runner
User avatar
88gt4DE
Established Member
 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:44 am
Location: New Castle , DE

Re: PA State Cop Dousn't Like my 3" Exhaust

Postby Mr Alltrac » Sun May 25, 2014 8:06 pm

What exhaust do you have?
Mr Alltrac
Club Member
 
Posts: 441
Images: 0
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Re: PA State Cop Dousn't Like my 3" Exhaust

Postby brutekiller787 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:31 am

Its not illegal in pa to have an aftermarket exhaust as long as you have a cat.
brutekiller787
Club Member
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:27 pm
Location: Lima, oh

Re: PA State Cop Dousn't Like my 3" Exhaust

Postby Eurus » Mon May 26, 2014 5:02 am

brutekiller787 wrote:Its not illegal in pa to have an aftermarket exhaust as long as you have a cat.

Didn't read it.

PENNSYLVANIA

75 Pa.C.S. § 4523 (2013)

§ 4523. Exhaust systems, mufflers and noise control.

(a) Compliance with established sound levels. --Every motor vehicle operated on a highway shall be constructed, equipped, maintained and operated so as not to exceed the sound level for the vehicle as prescribed in regulations promulgated by the department. The test procedures and instrumentation to be utilized shall also be established by regulation.
(b) Compliance with exhaust requirements. --In addition to any requirements established under sections 4531 (relating to emission control systems) and 4532 (relating to smoke control for diesel-powered motor vehicles), every motor vehicle shall be constructed, equipped, maintained and operated so as to prevent engine exhaust gases from penetrating and collecting in any part of the vehicle occupied by the driver or passengers.
(c) Mufflers and related equipment. --Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a muffler or other effective noise suppressing system in good working order and in constant operation and no muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped with a cutout, bypass or similar device.
(d) Unauthorized modification of equipment. --No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of the vehicle above the maximum levels permitted under subsection (a) or violate the provisions of subsection (b). Headers and side exhausts are permitted provided the vehicle meets all the requirements of this section.
(e) Fire equipment and racing vehicles. --This section does not apply to fire equipment or to racing vehicles being operated in an organized racing or competitive event conducted under a permit issued by local authorities.
Eurus
Club Member
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:50 pm
Location: Skagit WA

Re: PA State Cop Dousn't Like my 3" Exhaust

Postby 1337computing » Mon May 26, 2014 2:03 pm

I have a 3" exhaust from DP all the way back and no cat. My muffler is a "Imotoria" bought the car with it on so no idea where its from.

Image

The guys just being a fuckin dick and needs to go find something to do.
1990 Celica All-Trac Turbo ST185

3" Berk DP, 3" Straight Piped, Magnecor Wires, EBC+
1337computing
Club Member
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Allentown, PA

Re: PA State Cop Dousn't Like my 3" Exhaust

Postby FC Zach » Mon May 26, 2014 2:21 pm

I have the same exhaust on mine too. I've gone through inspection twice now with no cat and still passed the visual, guess they think the resonator is a cat. . .
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
User avatar
FC Zach
Club Member
 
Posts: 818
Images: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 am
Location: Eagleville, TN

1992 Toyota Celica

Re: PA State Cop Dousn't Like my 3" Exhaust

Postby 1337computing » Mon May 26, 2014 2:31 pm

I know a couple guys that run garages so I pretty much get stickers.
1990 Celica All-Trac Turbo ST185

3" Berk DP, 3" Straight Piped, Magnecor Wires, EBC+
1337computing
Club Member
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Allentown, PA

Re: PA State Cop Dousn't Like my 3" Exhaust

Postby brutekiller787 » Mon May 26, 2014 4:18 pm

Eurus wrote:
brutekiller787 wrote:Its not illegal in pa to have an aftermarket exhaust as long as you have a cat.

Didn't read it.

PENNSYLVANIA

75 Pa.C.S. § 4523 (2013)

§ 4523. Exhaust systems, mufflers and noise control.

(a) Compliance with established sound levels. --Every motor vehicle operated on a highway shall be constructed, equipped, maintained and operated so as not to exceed the sound level for the vehicle as prescribed in regulations promulgated by the department. The test procedures and instrumentation to be utilized shall also be established by regulation.
(b) Compliance with exhaust requirements. --In addition to any requirements established under sections 4531 (relating to emission control systems) and 4532 (relating to smoke control for diesel-powered motor vehicles), every motor vehicle shall be constructed, equipped, maintained and operated so as to prevent engine exhaust gases from penetrating and collecting in any part of the vehicle occupied by the driver or passengers.
(c) Mufflers and related equipment. --Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a muffler or other effective noise suppressing system in good working order and in constant operation and no muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped with a cutout, bypass or similar device.
(d) Unauthorized modification of equipment. --No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of the vehicle above the maximum levels permitted under subsection (a) or violate the provisions of subsection (b). Headers and side exhausts are permitted provided the vehicle meets all the requirements of this section.
(e) Fire equipment and racing vehicles. --This section does not apply to fire equipment or to racing vehicles being operated in an organized racing or competitive event conducted under a permit issued by local authorities.



Like i said, not illegal to have an aftermarket exhaust, as long as its not too loud and has a cat. and too loud is at the discretion of the cop.
brutekiller787
Club Member
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:27 pm
Location: Lima, oh

Re: PA State Cop Dousn't Like my 3" Exhaust

Postby Mr Alltrac » Mon May 26, 2014 5:29 pm

I was in court on day and another guy was there for a sound violation on his civic. When the judge told the officer there to go listen to the exhaust, he came back and said he here's Harley's louder than that all the time. So he judge was cool and dropped the ticket.
Mr Alltrac
Club Member
 
Posts: 441
Images: 0
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Re: PA State Cop Dousn't Like my 3" Exhaust

Postby 88gt4DE » Fri May 30, 2014 2:29 pm

Mr Alltrac wrote:I was in court on day and another guy was there for a sound violation on his civic. When the judge told the officer there to go listen to the exhaust, he came back and said he here's Harley's louder than that all the time. So he judge was cool and dropped the ticket.



YES ... me too ! :pissed:
Rob
1988 ST165 - 77K - Project ---> http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=31483&start=240
2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 - 162K - DD - Thanks 97JZA80
2007 Toyota Rav4 - 110K - My girls DD
1999 Honda Civic - 116K - Highway Runner
User avatar
88gt4DE
Established Member
 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:44 am
Location: New Castle , DE


Return to Club Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron