Verifying gearing?

underscore

So the shop got the engine and trans dropped out of the RC, now I can see that every seam on the trans has orange FIPG coming out of it so I know it was completely taken apart at some point (most likely in Japan). Is there any way for me to verify that it's an RC transmission and if I pop it apart is there any way for me to verify that it has the correct gearing in there? Or do I just have to hope that I have the correct trans and gearing?

underscore

That would work if I could find one nearby, unfortunately I want to know before the trans goes back in so I don't have to rip it out again if somebody messed with the gears.

___Scott___

underscore":1c6tndvz said:
...I can see that every seam on the trans has orange FIPG coming out of it so I know it was completely taken apart at some point (most likely in Japan).
Go to eBay and do a search for "3sgte engine" and look at the pics that include the manual trans. I think you'll find that they all come with high temp RTM squeezed out of all the seems.

Both of my ST165s do.

ChrisD

Toyota FIPG comes in two types - black and orange/red. Orangey one is used on transmissions for the most part. They are different if you crack them open, but you'd have to know what you are looking for. I had both an E150F and E151F apart side by side last summer, but don't really recall the specifics, other than there were definitely differences on the inside... :/