Gt4 rc Neutral safety switch?

rrain3288

So here's an odd one does anybody know if the GT4 RC uses a neutral safety switch? I realize that i didn't need to press the clutch on my 91 in order to start the car so I took a look under the dash and realize that the switch is there but there seems to be no connection for it coming out of the wire harness or anywhere else that I can see and that confuses the hell out of me why would you put a switch there with no place to plug it in but yet the car still starts?

underscore

I think mine starts without the clutch depressed (it's habit to push it in), but I've never checked for a switch. I can take a look though.

FC Zach

There should be one, I'm sure it was a required safety feature then just as it is now. . A previous owner probably disconnected it.

FC Zach

Funny thing that this is mentioned. . I noticed my cruise control wasn't working yesterday and while searching for the problem this morning, I found it to be with one of the safety switches on the clutch pedal. The plastic/rubber pad for the switch had deteriorated and fallen out of the pedal. It was a quick fix, I just glued the pad back on. Just mentioning this in case you get the connection resolved but the issue is still there.

rallyst185

my RC did not have it. . I used to enjoy just opening the door and without getting in just starting the car and letting it warm up. it was very nice :) ... miss that car