Rocky Mountain Roll Call (CO, NM, UT, MT, WY, etc.)

ZeroDrift

Figure I should post in here as well. I'm in the far south of Colorado: Alamosa.

Bought my current ST165 to replace my Subaru. This was my old car:

DSC_0202And7more_fused.jpg

Old build thread: http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t134896 ... 2-5rs.html

The reason the car was sold was so I could help fund my start-up business! My business is to design and manufacture aftermarket parts for cars. I may consider developing some products for these cars in time...

wakkjobb

Yay, another Suby owner is converted! I'm tired of seeing WRXs with fart cans all over the place.

And welcome from Colorado Springs 8)

ZeroDrift

wakkjobb":1wjg1wgr said:
Yay, another Suby owner is converted! I'm tired of seeing WRXs with fart cans all over the place.

And welcome from Colorado Springs 8)

Thanks for the welcome! The conversion from Subaru isn't 100% accurate. While I've loved the Alltrac long before the Subaru came into the market, the better half and I still plan to keep an Impreza in our garage. After all, variety is the spice to life! :)

Her car: http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t153574-savagesubis-subaru-adventures.html
hdr313110006.jpg

My Trac: http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=43563
2012-02-16_17-19-49_320.jpg

ZeroDrift

UtahSleeper":27iop3gc said:
Normally not a fan of Subie's, but I do love that body style. Very clean.

Thanks! While I personally don't care for any of the 2002-2010 body styles, this body style is my favorite. These are great cars but any of the USDM turbo models are just too common to see tinkered in a less than tasteful way. Making one of these pre-turbo cars fast took considerable amounts of work and combined with the rare-factor, makes these very cool in my opinion! The blue one above makes 290whp and 350wtq reliably and should make more once we get the stronger tranny and forged internals installed. She really loves her car and I must say, it is a joy to drive! :)

kilt88

Here's an update...

My new [used] block is at the machine shop now, and the old engine will be coming out soon. Here's what I know I am doing so far...

5S block/crank from a 98 Camry
Stroked to 2.3L
Wiseco custom HD pistons 8.5:1
Pauter rods
3SGTE head (my original head)

This will be an E85 engine, so plenty of changes to fueling will take place. I'll start a new thread to document it all.

drewtcook

hey,
just bought my alltrac a couple weeks ago
116k 88 completely stock
car had been sitting in broomfield for about 10 years, with only 4k put on it in that time period.
car fax shows 112k on record back in 04!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

located in Lakewood CO

kilt88

drewtcook":1tjzko0u said:
hey,
just bought my alltrac a couple weeks ago
116k 88 completely stock
car had been sitting in broomfield for about 10 years, with only 4k put on it in that time period.
car fax shows 112k on record back in 04!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

located in Lakewood CO
congrats! have fun!