Mechanics

Ska_boss

Searched but couldn't find anything, sorry if it's a repost.

Anyone know an able (and willing) shop or mechanic here in Colorado Springs that could do an engine install for a 165? I pulled the bad 3sgte out and have the good one sitting here on a stand, waiting to be installed. It's just too cold out and I don't have the time or willpower anymore to finish this project. Also what is a reasonable time frame, I've been quoted ranging from 6 to 10 hours at 60-80 bucks an hour.

Thanks for the info. Can't wait till she's on the road again. :D

Dracov

Not to jump on another's thread, but I'm in bad need of such a mechanic myself. Not for an engine install, but a clutch replacement...which is nearly the same thing. Between the weather and being at an apartment complex, I don't have the option of doing the work myself at all.

bigacuralvr

I know Scott used to work on AllTrac's - but I think he moved out of state iirc.

I can lend a hand, or do the work, but it would take me a LONG time to get it finished... :(

Brett

Ska_boss

Well after a lot of searching, I've found the shop I decided best for my trac.

Here are a couple links to them:
http://www.myspace.com/revolutions_performance
http://www.revolutionsperformance.com/index.php

They seem knowledgeable enough to handle a 165 engine swap. Plus they work on turbos which is cool because I have a 185 I'd like to convert to. I wonder how many Alltracs they have worked on, hopefully mine won't be the first :doh: .
Anyways I'll post my experiences with them once I've actually done business with them (maybe next paycheck hehe).

___Scott___

bigacuralvr":o89javiq said:
I know Scott used to work on AllTrac's - but I think he moved out of state iirc.
If you are referring to me, I'm still here - just really busy and haven't been on the forums much lately. And, I only work on my own.

I haven't heard much about Revolution, but with a 4-wheel dyno, I assume they are familiar with all-wheel turbo cars. If they don't work out, I've had good work done at Toyota Tech (on Iowa St. between Platte and Boulder), but they're not cheap.

wakkjobb

This may be bringing up an old post (sorry...) but I too am in need of Toyota specific mechanic-ing in the Springs. I thought Toy Tech mainly worked on trucks? Like 22R-RE-RTEC series engines? Is Under Pressure still in business? Last I saw there was a for lease sign on the building (by McD's on Bijou and Wasatch)...

fairly clueless,
Dan

___Scott___

wakkjobb":2m5yxjb9 said:
I thought Toy Tech mainly worked on trucks? Like 22R-RE-RTEC series engines?
Nope, anything with a Toyota badge. They're not cheap, but they are competent (mostly)... not something many shops around here can honestly claim.

The owner is a Toyota Master Tech, who worked for a dealer for years before buying that shop. And, he's a Chevy guy at heart so that's a plus. :D

wakkjobb":2m5yxjb9 said:
Is Under Pressure still in business? Last I saw there was a for lease sign on the building (by McD's on Bijou and Wasatch)...
That's the one behind McD's? It's usually dark when I drive by there so I never notice. It didn't seem like a shop I would let work on my car when I did see them up and running, but that was a long time ago.

___Scott___

Since I drive by there regularly, I took a detour behind McD's and the shop is up for lease, but there is a sign that says Under Pressure has moved to 1795 S. Academy Blvd.

So, Under Pressure may still be around, just in a new location.

wakkjobb

Yep, I found them: they're next to 4 wheel parts on south Academy. The guy I talked to said they're (supposed to be) getting an AWD dyno sometime soon. Lord only knows when that will be though, probably before I get my car up and running though...

Dan