transfer case removal...stuck

So the last time the car drove it was on a dyno. We had switched it out to front wheel drive and when doing pulls at around 500hp the car let loose and rev'd.

Now that I have the engine out and what not I have found that the clutch disc is what gave out. But we also had problems with the selector for the 2wd vs 4wd so I wanted to spit the transfer and check the lock sleeve.

So far I can't get it to separate any one have this issue? is there a trick I should try? If I remove the cover to viscous diff can I remove the diff or should i be able to? I tried pulling it out and can't get it to move but I don't know if it will slide out. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

glad I got some replies. Guess I'm the only one who has had this happen.

At this point I'm about to give up. I've hung the transfer case my chain and have beat wedges inbetween the transmission and transfer case. I spend about 2 hours driving these wedges and now have a 1/2 gap all the way around but it's still holding on strong.

Last time the car ran was on a Dyno and something let loose and i'm pretty sure I know where lol. But really has no one never had one get stuck?

hoys

This is a very inactive forum, don't be surprised you don't get a response.

The transfer case should be held on by three bolts and five nuts. Past that it should come right off. There might be some internal snap ring that makes it difficult, but you shouldn't have any other issue past that.