Pics of my clutch failure

Mafix

before i say something about those pics, how many miles and how much power?

honestly, not trying to point a finger or anything, that looks like it's either really old, lots of miles, or you've been riding the hell out of the clutch.
one other thing, it's not soaked in fluid is it?

coyoteboy

Unknown milage, stock clutch. Came on a car with no history but an engine change some 20K miles ago so maybe same clutch as was on it before. The actual friction material isnt worn to the rivets - its only where the material has come off the that rivets have come loose and caught on the faces. Not far off though. Power-wise - started life 20K miles ago just stock with 12psi. Since then its had mods for somewhere in the region of 250-300 but without any RRs so im not making pointless guesses :) No fluid contamination.

It all started about 12 months ago. I did a fully loaded launch from a junction and it slipped like mad and smelled toasted. Slipped for a couple of junctions but then ran fine and was fine for 6 months in all gears and despite whatever abuse i threw at it. Then one day I got started to struggle to disengage. Only enough to hold the revs slightly artificially high, 1-1.2krpm, with clutch fully depressed in gear. it was still pretty drivable and i dont use it much at the mo so i ignored it and matched gear speeds better when shifting. Then one day there was a whacking clunk from under the bonnet and the engine stalled. I knew what it was but she fired back up right away with a tiny bit of a vibration and pulled off. Well I've been ignoring it for 1000 miles and finally, while momentarily revving it to 6K unloaded to datalog a glitch in ignition she went bang again and i couldnt disengage at all - had to push start her at every junction to get home. And thats where I am now. Obviously it was going to happen and I was pushing my luck driving on it butI was just eeking out every last jot of life while finances are thin lol.