Feedback needed on Competition Clutches

gt4tified

Looking at spending some cash on a Stage 2 Competition Clutch Kit and 12lb flywheel. The disc purports to offer 80% increased clamp load and torque capacity (carbon-kevlar).

Does anyone use this brand and what have you all got to say....good, bad, ugly? Anything??? Thanx.

etantshi

I switched to this brand after my spec decided to destroy itself like an IED. They are good clutches. i like them a lot. Good holding power, great fitment. Good recommendation here.

etantshi

I forgot the website. I'd have to see if I can find it. The thing about the CC kit was that it didn't include a TO bearing. Even though it's cheap, I thought it should have been included.

klue

my advice, get a ACT clutch at least a stage 3, with the heavy duty pressure plate. use an OEM throw out bearing.

I got myslef a stage 2 exedy reinforced organic disk, its nice and all holds torque but it really sucks once you launch it or dare to even slip it.

gt4tified

klue":35or7566 said:
my advice, get a ACT clutch at least a stage 3, with the heavy duty pressure plate. use an OEM throw out bearing.

I got myslef a stage 2 exedy reinforced organic disk, its nice and all holds torque but it really sucks once you launch it or dare to even slip it.

Actually that's what I got right now but with 4hr-a-day traffic, for the past month, I think my left leg is now bigger than my right!

That pp is a pita....stiff as hell and don't even talk about riding in traffic....absolute no no!

The only time I love it is on weekends when the roads are much clearer. And don't start me on the 4500-5000 rpm AWD launches....I got brand new tyres and I spin them on ANY SURFACE!

But sadly, with the wife and kid, the harshness is uncomfortable...so I'm looking at other brands.

Sifu

gt4tified":1i6hs7y7 said:
klue":1i6hs7y7 said:

Actually that's what I got right now but with 4hr-a-day traffic, for the past month, I think my left leg is now bigger than my right!

That pp is a pita....stiff as hell and don't even talk about riding in traffic....absolute no no!

The only time I love it is on weekends when the roads are much clearer. And don't start me on the 4500-5000 rpm AWD launches....I got brand new tyres and I spin them on ANY SURFACE!

But sadly, with the wife and kid, the harshness is uncomfortable...so I'm looking at other brands.
I got mine from Ebay. It was much cheaper but didn't come w/ a TO bearing or alignment tool. Both of which are pretty cheap (tool can be rented or mocked up using a broom stick and TOB is around $25 from Toyota).