Aftermarket Slave Cylinder

Indy3sgte

Are there any upgrades or upgraded slave cylinders...my clutch will not disengage fully at all to the point where i cant shift into gear unless I shove the crap out of it... :shoots: just put in a new master cylinder and now I'm goin for the slave thinking thats the only other thing...so is there anyway I can go more powerful then stock?

Thanks,
Dan

Indy3sgte

speed source has and extended clutch slave cylinder rod. that will help out bunches, and its only $24 shipped

Sorry forgot to say that I have one...any way to upgrade the slave to push further? or should it handle the triple plate super clutch

Denver_whiteST185

you could get a spare slave cylinder, machine a thin spacer to insert in there so that it push's it out a little more. i don't know. that would only be easy if you had one to take measurements from and a cnc machine... :shrug:

try just replacing both the slave and the master cylinders, flush/ replace the fluid (obviously), and get a ss flex line (techna fit or speed source). if that doesn't help, then your going to have to fabricate something...

gt4tified

If after a ss braided teflon line and an extended pushrod, I really can't say what again can be done....maybe you should ask the guys who run twin and triple plate clutches on the mr2 site.
:shrug:

etantshi

Have you tried adjusting the pedel. Just make sure you don't adjust it too far or you'll blow the seals on your master cyl.

Indy3sgte

you could get a spare slave cylinder, machine a thin spacer to insert in there so that it push's it out a little more. i don't know. that would only be easy if you had one to take measurements from and a cnc machine...

try just replacing both the slave and the master cylinders, flush/ replace the fluid (obviously), and get a ss flex line (techna fit or speed source). if that doesn't help, then your going to have to fabricate something...

I ordered the slave cylinder...should be here soon...the ss line came in today so that will be on later...once i get the new slave cylinder in and everything im gonna have to pray i dont have to fabricate it...

Have you tried adjusting the pedel. Just make sure you don't adjust it too far or you'll blow the seals on your master cyl.

I'm going to try this if everything above fails...

I'll keep you guys updated as i get things installed and everything

Dan

Indy3sgte

So here is the update :x

I have put in a brand new master and slave cylinder, extended the push rod, and put in a braided ss line...and guess what....still doesnt go into gear when running, I will note though that my petal feels A LOT better...

So I can put it in gear when the car is off...start the engine...and the wheels spin when the car is off the ground...reverse grinds which makes me feel like its the clutch not disengaging still...I installed a twm shifter also a while back durin the build up...this couldnt have a link to this could it? Once the car is started I cant get into any gear...they dont grind though...they just wont go unless I force them...and that only works in 1st and 3rd and I def dont like forcing them...any ideas? I'm loosing it :twisted:

Thanks
Dan

Indy3sgte

looks like the shaft is not greased...

i been through this once...

No freaking way :cry:

Well looks like a fun weekend coming up soon :twisted:

I'll update once I get a chance...Purdue starts back up in a couple weeks...hopefully I can get to it before then...

Dan

Indy3sgte

What kind of clutch do you have? Did you use OEM master and slave cylinders or aftermarket?

Triple Plate Super Clutch from fensport...and I went aftermarket/OEM from autozone...off to church to pray for my car...

Aaron

I'm not sure what you mean by "aftermarket/OEM from Autozone" but it doesn't sound good. I had the exact same problem as you with my Spec Stage 3+. I tried everything I could think of until I gave up and bought both cylinders from Toyota, bled the system, and it's been perfect ever since. I didn't even need the extended rod.

alltracst185

soory to go off topic but will that longer push rod solve the problem of me grinding into 2nd gear? it does'nt grind at all if i give it a little gas while shifting.

Indy3sgte

I'm not sure what you mean by "aftermarket/OEM from Autozone" but it doesn't sound good. I had the exact same problem as you with my Spec Stage 3+. I tried everything I could think of until I gave up and bought both cylinders from Toyota, bled the system, and it's been perfect ever since. I didn't even need the extended rod.

They are just the ones from Autozone...I can tell a huge dif but the clutch still wont disengage...

wizzards581 wrote:
looks like the shaft is not greased...

i been through this once...

what do you mean exactly...

I believe he means that where the clutch sits on the tranny shaft is not lubed properly...which sucks because I can see that being it :twisted: I'm going to try to take the starter off and jerry rig somthing to shoot some grease down in there to see if I see any improve ment...and if I do then Ill be pullin the engine

How were the gears changing before this clutch change? Might be the tranny synchros are fubared.

Gears were changing fine before aside from the slipping with the worn clutch...

Thanks
Dan

Sorry for the late reply...schools startin up again...

Indy3sgte

Hard to say...

So I put the car into gear and started it...the car began to move immediatly but as I kept doing this (going from rev to 1st) the clutch started to disengage more...so my guess is that the plates just needed to get worn in on the shaft or that the pressure plate is so strong it just needed to get pressed some more...

Seems to work fine now but i will update if anything goes wrong or happens.

Thanks,
Daniel