Torsen half shaft snap rings

Nitro_Alltrac

Does anybody have part number for the snap ring (C clip) that goes on the torsen half shafts (the shafts go into the differential and then bolt to the axles)?

I know that they are different from the open diff but I haven't been able to find a part number for them. The shafts that I got from Mario have the snap rings on them already but the BGB says to replace them. They look good but I wasn't sure if it would be OK to reuse them.

Thanks

Mike

zak062

if you need new ones just get them from toyota. All i did was call and told them i needed the snap ring that went around the cv joint thingy. Mine where 5$ a piece :(

CMS-GT4

I can't remember the part number, but the mechanic who did mine had some from his old camaro and they were the same.

The lsd clip is a thick ring, which the open is a clip.

Nitro_Alltrac

Thanks Coldiron.

What do you think about reusing the ones that are on the shafts I got from Mario? They look OK but I wasn't sure if this was a bad idea.

I think the torsen I have might have come from you originally. I bought it from etantshi and I seem to remember that somewhere along the line I heard that he had gotten it from you. Might be wrong on that though. :shrug:

CMS-GT4

Yeah, I sold it to him a while back.

As far as reusing one, I am not sure if they really wear. Concidering they are one of the cheaper toyota units, I would refer to the bgb and possubly get ones just in case. It would suck trying to tear everything apart.

Also make sure everything is tight and in spec before you finish up. I did not finish setting up the lsd cause I had a whole pumkin, so if your doing it all yourself double check all our work. Double check all the bolts. I don't want anyone having any problems cause they think that its reaady to go as is.

CMS-GT4

I would check the tq of the bolts holding it in. I would check shim and what not. I am not sure how that stuff gets out of spec.