Light Weight Flywheels

EricGT4

I was looking around at after market flywheels. I was wondering what people have/recommend. I would also like to know what you guys think of F1 flywheels.

Simba

If it's one of the aluminum pieces of crap on the market, just say no. They cause all sorts of drivability issues and just generally suck. I've run a few on several different cars, all of which went in the trash after a week or two.

The only non-stock flywheel I'd bother using is a good chromoly design from the likes of JUN, or one of those that come with the Giken/HKS/etc multi plate clutches.

Steel is your friend.

CMS-GT4

I was looking into the HKS unit at one point cause its decent price and its the heaviest of the light flywheels. I would not mind a lighter one, but I am unsure if my goal for a street car is to get the "Lightest" flywheel on the market for the sake of driveability. My experience with light FW is very limited, so I go off of what most complain about.

4V6

Ive had the Hks 4.3kg version in the other alltrac for over 2 years now and its created no problems.
Ive got limited experience of the aluminum flys ( ive got a fidanza sitting in front of me) and it looks a good piece of kit.
The same fly as fitted to customers MR2 over a year ago is still going strong and has a very fast wind up time indeed, didnt/dosent seem to create any issues of driveability and he's happy with the overall improvement over stock.

Basically its one of those pays ya money takes ya choice things.
Whatever you choose, buy a branded one tho not some crap made in china would be my advice.