**NOOB Question**

bloodMoney

Is the stock pressure plate reuseable? My clutch is starting to go out on me and I wanna be ready so that I can just do it in a weekend.

I'm looking at just picking up a cheap ACT 4-puck unsprung disk. Besides a new TO bearing, am I going to have to look into a new PP too?

~bloodMoney

bloodMoney

So if I can find a Beefier pp, I can just have it resurfaced and it should be okay huh? Sounds good to me...

:D Thanks guys!

~bloodMoney

bloodMoney

I dont want to reuse the stock PP, so I'm looking into finding a lightly used one for cheap. I want to do this properly, with all new components, but being a broke student, I just need something that will last me until I can get out of school....

~bloodMoney

klue

Save your money and get a good complete kit. If your looking for something slightly better than oem get the EXEDY stage 1 kit. Pedal feel is a bit firmer than stock, silky smooth engagement and holds lots.

If your looking to do some clutch dumps or hard launches get an ACT heavy duty kit.

gt4tified

klue":26pptzla said:
Save your money and get a good complete kit. If your looking for something slightly better than oem get the EXEDY stage 1 kit. Pedal feel is a bit firmer than stock, silky smooth engagement and holds lots.

If your looking to do some clutch dumps or hard launches get an ACT heavy duty kit.

I would never recommend the ACT unsprung sintered disc and HD pressure plate unless it was a strict track car or there was like ).00001% traffic. :cry:

hacker_720

I couldn't find a place too re-surface the PP, no one could do it. If it's not bad and has no groves in it, then you should be able to re-use it.. on a budget. But if it's groved, you might as well get a new one