Flywheel for ST165

etantshi

exeedyusa":vwg7kabi said:
Sorry, We Couldn't Find That
TH02SD...
The page or item that you are looking for could not be found on this site. It may have been relocated, removed or be temporarily unavailable. Please make sure that you have entered the address correctly. If you got here following a link, please let us know.

RallyX-GT4

Any more info on this? I'm always weary when the range of years seems to be all encompassing... it make you wonder if they are aware of the differences...

db

I've been using a Fidanza aluminum flywheel for over 40,000 miles. Loving it and haven't had a single issue with it. Plus, its rebuildable as you can buy a new faceplate, and you can resurface it which isn't typically recommended for the chromoly kinds like the Jun version.

camry90

db":1aw90c3k said:
I've been using a Fidanza aluminum flywheel for over 40,000 miles. Loving it and haven't had a single issue with it. Plus, its rebuildable as you can buy a new faceplate, and you can resurface it which isn't typically recommended for the chromoly kinds like the Jun version.
do you have the part number for it? it's a bit hard to find things out on thier website... and does it have 2 sets of bolt paterns?

MrWOT

Yeah, gen 1 3sgte has a dif pattern, one that matches the 5sfe oddly enough, but it's different then the gen 2

Gary ST165

db":utu8ep19 said:

camry90":utu8ep19 said:
do you have the part number for it? it's a bit hard to find things out on thier website... and does it have 2 sets of bolt paterns?

i have seen the "one fitment suits all" fidanza st165/ st185 flywheels that have elongated (oval) bolt holes to encompass the different PCD's of crankshaft to flywheel. (i'm not a fan of this idea myself)

Luni

What about clutches then?

I didnt know a 165 had a different flywheel bolt pattern.

I Know a 185 and a 205 are the same.

Is the clutch disk and stuff the same on a 165? Like the pressure plate and PP mounting points? What about input shaft spline sizes and stuff?

Makes some sense to me then.

I bought a JUN flywheel for my gen2 and it didnt fit, but my clutch fit.

I assumed it was a 5SFE flywheel but I wondered why my clutch kit mounted to it.

Now it makes sense, the 165 uses the same clutch disk and PP type, but a different flywheel bolt pattern, that matches a 5SFE, so when you have a 5S crank based stroker, you need a 165 flywheel.

Is this right? If so I apologize for my misinformation.

tursup

RedCelicaTRD,

What crank does the ST165 fit? I assume that it is the 5s.

What crank does the ST185 fit?

Thanks for the help.

Luni

ST185 fits the 2nd gen 3SGTE, 3rd gen 3SGTE flywheels etc.

Apparently the 165 has the same crank pattern as a 5SFE and the same PP mounting locations as a 185/205/SW20

tursup

camry90,

Did you ever get the ST165 flywheel? If not, I have one; just pay for the shipping. I ended up not using it on a 2.2 wth 5S crank install for my MR2.