RPS billet carbon series twin disk =)

tissimo

Ceramic isn't an option, carbon is what you need in a drag racing environment.

If you're reving that high then you might get away with a twin disc (torque will be low... less then 500 ftlbs to make 1k hp at 11k rpms...) But you'll be worknig the hell out of it on the launch..

Your plans sound insane. Cant wait till its in action! :notworthy:

stevo27

tissimo":ru672kht said:
Ceramic isn't an option, carbon is what you need in a drag racing environment.

If you're reving that high then you might get away with a twin disc (torque will be low... less then 500 ftlbs to make 1k hp at 11k rpms...)

Your plans sound insane. Cant wait till its in action! :notworthy:

i added to my post and i know ceramic is gay lol

torqe wont be that low expected power output is well above 1k the head work being done should give me enough flow to support gt47r and the fueling i have now can support 1500 before nitrous i can't wait realy
i still have sooooo much to do backhalfing the chasis will be intresting :twisted:

tissimo

crazy.

What are you going to do with the trans at those power levels. I have faith in toyota, but I dont think their stock trans can handle that much power.. This isn't a getrag, lol.

i was just hoping to track down a recently developed clutch that can handle about 500 ft/lbs of torque and still be fairly streetable. impossible? :shrug: i dont know. but i know some companies like cusco keep updating their technology so i was hoping that by now there was a multiplate clutch that made less rattling noise and held up well against high power abuse but was still streetable and could last for more than just one day lol.

stevo27

no no xtrac box yet lol im gonna attempt to swap my gears out for something stronger or turn it into a dogbox(wichi actully need reving that high and will cut 4-5 tenths of my time being able to shift without the clutch) and beefing up the casing itself we will see ive spoken with fensport, quaif and xtrac custom gears are really pricy lol

GTfour@alltrac.net":2fh7df5z said:
i was just hoping to track down a recently developed clutch that can handle about 500 ft/lbs of torque and still be fairly streetable. impossible? :shrug: i dont know. but i know some companies like cusco keep updating their technology so i was hoping that by now there was a multiplate clutch that made less rattling noise and held up well against high power abuse but was still streetable and could last for more than just one day lol.

any carbon clutch should be streetable they like being slipped do not chatter and are the longest lasting clutchs around :shrug:

thanks meng. I'm familar with what markiting teams describe them to be but until someone without a "profit" agenda gives it an unbiased review (such as yourself) i'm rather not believe all that i read about them. lol
so while we're on the subject any arguments for or against push and pull type? i've noticed one website marketed it in a way that suggests the pull type is superior to the push type setup somehow. And i've heard of other makes such as the evo having issues with crankwalk due to push type setups.

Steve, I made that call to Adrian also, seriously thought about getting it, but the slowdown a year ago made me cut back on spending. I figured I'd go thru my spare 205"s & rc trannys....it will be a while since I'm on this tranny for 5 yrs now

btw the fensport isnt any stronger just quicker, I think I solved it with my tilton combo...the clutch release is 1/4 stock w/tilton master

Good Luck

lumbercis

GTfour@alltrac.net":39rhasv8 said:
thanks meng. I'm familar with what markiting teams describe them to be but until someone without a "profit" agenda gives it an unbiased review (such as yourself) i'm rather not believe all that i read about them. lol

The high horsepower supra guys swear by the Tilton Carbon-carbon. It's the best clutch on the market. It's also the most expensive clutch on the market, but you have to pay to play. :smokes:

Maybe Pat could give us an idea how much his Tilton setup ran him?

stevo27

lumbercis":1sco4xww said:
GTfour@alltrac.net":1sco4xww said:

The high horsepower supra guys swear by the Tilton Carbon-carbon. It's the best clutch on the market. It's also the most expensive clutch on the market, but you have to pay to play. :smokes:

Maybe Pat could give us an idea how much his Tilton setup ran him?

around 5 g's when all is said and done

stevo27

GTfour@alltrac.net":2yqa4l8j said:
you installed the RPS yet buddy?

no sorry man it 's gonna be quite awhile i still havent finished the headwork yet

then i have to set up the 47r and nitrous system and the new alcohol fuel system ive gotta mount the 2nd set of 4 injectors and odify my intake manifold im going with a twin 2.5" entry TB ect ect

lots o work before te clutch get ABUSED

can't wait for a review of that clutch lol.
anyway who's doing the head porting for you? i was reading up on a company in texas that seem to be pretty good.

I guess steve never installed this clutch. wonder if he's willing to sell it. I called RPS today and they no longer make it. although I think if we order 4 or more they would put it back into limited production.

stevo27

YES THE CLUTCH IS FORSALE found out it would cost me 35,000ish to get a custom tranny built so im going rwd powerglide baby

timmey

tissimo":2p3hu0lm said:
....the pedal is a tad stiff though, but nothing more then an upgraded act pressure plate.

I thought RPS claimed their pedal feel was like 10% less than stock? Did I read something wrong. Sounds like an interesting clutch.

In the time I've looked around at twin plate options, I can safely say there hasn't been a clutch I've not heard horror stories AND great reviews for on the same thread, split right down the middle. I feel there must be too many factors involved for other people's experience to matter much when deciding on a clutch, unless they have the same build and driving style as you, maybe not even then.

What this does put pressure on though is the tendency for a company to stand behind their product if and when it does fail and you need help. I haven't heard of a clutch that "doesn't ever fail", so this means you need a company that gives a shit about you, and their product. This concerns me about RPS if I needed their help, but on the other hand I do know that they are good clutches and that I won't be abusing it the same way some do. Conflicting for sure. I might go with the OS Giken STR, which I've heard good and bad reviews about, but never anything regarding OS Giken's customer support, or them not standing behind what they do.

stevo27: I'm sorta interested in the clutch. I PM'd you a question.

Cheers,

Timmey