Rear diff options...real LSD's...

gtfour77

aus jd 2703":1eil59t5 said:
look under driving parts and diff cushion

Oh ok, looks really nice. How much is 15,000 yen in dollars, anyone know? I am afraid of the conversions nowadays since dollar is so weak. Hopefully something good happens to our economy soon....

CMS-GT4

~140usd. Marios' solid mount costs about that much, and you can place your order in english. At least it used to. I am not sure what he charges now.

As for the rear keeping up. I felt like the rear solid mount helped. There was a slight bit of slack in he rear, and when I went to the solid mount and stiff rear springs the car launched harder and the rear felt like it was doing more work.

gtfour77

CMS-GT4":o25z7p9r said:
~140usd. Marios' solid mount costs about that much, and you can place your order in english. At least it used to. I am not sure what he charges now.

As for the rear keeping up. I felt like the rear solid mount helped. There was a slight bit of slack in he rear, and when I went to the solid mount and stiff rear springs the car launched harder and the rear felt like it was doing more work.

Thanks for the info, I might give it a try by welding the sides of the mount...easier and cheaper than $140... I am just afraid it'll be too stiff and put too much stress on the diff...hmmm Might give the welding option a try and if it doesn't feel right I can always grind the welds off... :)

CMS-GT4

I am not sure if we are talking about the same part. I do not think welding will help. The issue is The mount is rubber and tears. I am surprised yours is still intact since they normally tear under regular driving. Its the cushion behind the diff with a rubber center that has a plate in the middle that bolts to the diff.

The cheapest solution is to take the mount, if the rubber is not torn, and fill it with poly. It becomes solid, but its still a little more flexible than solid metal.

They used to offer rear poly mounts in the 90s for the gtfours. But the simpler way is just to pour it yourself like they do when they make DIY sold motor mounts.

gtfour77

Ok, I found it...this is what I meant...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d38/s ... tch004.jpg

CMS-GT4":3kvku45d said:
I am not sure if we are talking about the same part. I do not think welding will help. The issue is The mount is rubber and tears. I am surprised yours is still intact since they normally tear under regular driving. Its the cushion behind the diff with a rubber center that has a plate in the middle that bolts to the diff.

The cheapest solution is to take the mount, if the rubber is not torn, and fill it with poly. It becomes solid, but its still a little more flexible than solid metal.

They used to offer rear poly mounts in the 90s for the gtfours. But the simpler way is just to pour it yourself like they do when they make DIY sold motor mounts.

CMS-GT4

I see what your doing. That works too. That should be much easier to do than fill it with poly. And you can always take it off if you don't like it.

I guess once you do it, tell us if you can feel any difference. I am curious if your car is so far over the edge, if you can feel super minor changes or if its so sensitive now, you feel any change.

Either way, I bet driving that car is a very lively experience.

gtfour77

CMS-GT4":2yqp2x50 said:
I see what your doing. That works too. That should be much easier to do than fill it with poly. And you can always take it off if you don't like it.

I guess once you do it, tell us if you can feel any difference. I am curious if your car is so far over the edge, if you can feel super minor changes or if its so sensitive now, you feel any change.

For example... I was able to "feel" a 1/2 degree change in rear camber during an event (it slipped due to camber bolt and paint chips between the shock body and spindle)....I got home and I confirmed it with a camber gauge... you can also feel when the tires start to get too hot, 2 psi tire pressure change...etc... so yes, I am pretty sure it'll be easy to feel the welded cushion... :)

gtfour77

CMS-GT4":3ealr1va said:

You should come down sometime and go for a spin! That's an open invitation with a place to stay if you decide to come down for a weekend...:wink:

gtfour77

CMS-GT4":pml8hkj7 said:
Someday, I will. We need to get IllGt4 to come down too.

You mean Chris? I come up his way all the time (Steele Cities Region) , maybe we can all meet again at BeaveRun sometime...

syko says

gtfour77":19a13mv5 said:
CMS-GT4":19a13mv5 said:

You should come down sometime and go for a spin! That's an open invitation with a place to stay if you decide to come down for a weekend...:wink:

If CMS doesnt take the invite; I will! hahaha.

CMS-GT4

Here is the c-one diff mount.
3427.jpg

You might want to keep the invite to PMs. You get get the whole forum showing up at your house. ;)

gtfour77

CMS-GT4":2lk6m2d0 said:
Here is the c-one diff mount.
3427.jpg

You might want to keep the invite to PMs. You get get the whole forum showing up at your house. ;)

Haha, I don't think my car is that special, but anyone wanting to come to an event sometime can at least ride along... :)

Last few events this year will include Aug 31st and Oct 11th at BeaveRun (Steel Cities region), Elkins Airport (SWVR) on sept 6th and a couple of local events in Oct and Nov...
I am building an E-Stock MR2 at the moment so that'll be the car I'll be tossing around for a lot of the other events... expecting it to be a lot of fun too and much cheaper to operate...

darthripley

In the MR2 we have a TRD 1.5 way clutch type LSD & we put Kaaz LSD 75W90 fluid in it which works just amazing imho.
The LSD was making some noise at first, there wasn't enough fluid in there & you could hear/feel the clutch plates chatter together on sharp turns.
Once we put in the Kaaz fluid it all the chatter & vibration went away & has been flawlessly smooth ever since.
We purchased the Kaaz fluid from 240sxmotoring.com which shipped promptly without any hassle.

I have a couple of quick questions.

1. I have a 2-way TRD LSD on its way - can I just "plop" it into my ST205 rear pumpkin or will there be a problem with the axle stubs?

2. Can you "plop" a ST205 Torsen LSD into a ST185 open diff pumpkin without having to modify anything?

Thanks in advance! :)

gtfour77

darthripley":3suo58hp said:
In the MR2 we have a TRD 1.5 way clutch type LSD & we put Kaaz LSD 75W90 fluid in it which works just amazing imho.
The LSD was making some noise at first, there wasn't enough fluid in there & you could hear/feel the clutch plates chatter together on sharp turns.
Once we put in the Kaaz fluid it all the chatter & vibration went away & has been flawlessly smooth ever since.
We purchased the Kaaz fluid from 240sxmotoring.com which shipped promptly without any hassle.

I have a couple of quick questions.

1. I have a 2-way TRD LSD on its way - can I just "plop" it into my ST205 rear pumpkin or will there be a problem with the axle stubs?

2. Can you "plop" a ST205 Torsen LSD into a ST185 open diff pumpkin without having to modify anything?

Thanks in advance! :)

I must have missed your reply...sorry...
The 2-way should fit right in without any modifications as long as your backlash and such is correct.
LSD into an open carrier will require LSD stubs... hope this helps.