Switch to full style
Lets talk clutches and everything drivetrain related
Post a reply

twin disk clutch discussion

Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:56 am

since i've come to realize that i need to upgrade to a serious clutch i thought a nice discussion thread should be started. i'll edit and sticky this thread later on for other members
options:
exedy
competition clutch
orc
hks
blitz
cusco
os giken
carbonetics
tilton
clutchmasters
rps
Members don't see the above ad. Register now
Last edited by Mafix on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:09 pm

cusco and os giken to the list.
What do you need it for?

Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:37 pm

out of curiosity whats the matter with good ol' ACT? if they suck i didn't know, i have never heard anything bat about them, but neither have i used them...

Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:11 pm

Unless you're exceeding 500 ft. lbs., or beating the royal crap out of it (drag racing, etc), you probably don't need one.

That said, I love my HKS. Great engagement and virtually impossible to kill, though it sounds like a bag of marbles in the gearbox when disengaged.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:45 pm

yeah i've heard that about them. i'm looking at having competition make mine. that witht the kaaz lsd i should be good to destroy trannies at will.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:47 pm

I enjoy my OS Giken aluminum twin plate. With the slave extension rod the peddle isnt harsh at all. Engagment is great. It's held just fine so far but im only at 11psi at the moment. The only downside to these so far is the sound they make when you have the peddle pressed down. It really does sound like a bunch of marbles in the gearbox.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:00 pm

LegacyofDan wrote:out of curiosity whats the matter with good ol' ACT? if they suck i didn't know, i have never heard anything bat about them, but neither have i used them...

single disk just won't hold the power at the track for me.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:02 pm

so i take it that ACT only sells single disk?

Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:20 pm

Don't forget about the Carbonetics twin disk.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Add clutchmasters (Pat's old one) and tilton (Pat's new one)! :P

Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:50 pm

Get a Tilton and be done with it!! :D

Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:31 pm

lumbercis wrote:Get a Tilton and be done with it!! :D

its hard to drop that 5k on it.

Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:24 pm

True 5k is a bit much considering I spent 4k on the car. :twisted:

Dont the OS Gikens go for around 2-3k new?? Maybe an ACT would be a bit cheaper..

Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:54 pm

just me but i don't trust the ACT

Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:39 pm

tilton won't make the flywheel for use 3s guys unless there is a group buy of 15 or more that why i unded up going for rps
Post a reply