What is your clutch pedal position?

tw2

Just wondering.... the first 3/8 of my clutch pedal travel from the floor does nothing and then it grabs over the next 1/8 and then the remaining half of the travel is nothing.

Does this sound normal or ideal? My shitty work truck engages in the first 1/4 of travel which is very different. What do people recommend?

tissimo

tw2":r9265din said:
Just wondering.... the first 3/8 of my clutch pedal travel from the floor does nothing and then it grabs over the next 1/8 and then the remaining half of the travel is nothing.

Does this sound normal or ideal? My shitty work truck engages in the first 1/4 of travel which is very different. What do people recommend?
Is this taking off and coming from the floor? or??

I personally want the clutch to start grabbing ~ 1/2 way on the pedal then fully engauge about .5" from the top of the pedal. This usually leaves ~ .5" of dead spot at the top end.

tw2

Sorry I meant from the fully pressed in (clutch disengaged) position and pulling the pedal out. Mine is kind of like yours then except the grabbing part seems much shorter for me, possibly my choice of clutch (6 puck unsprung)

gt4tified

tw2":3a35tlr5 said:
Sorry I meant from the fully pressed in (clutch disengaged) position and pulling the pedal out. Mine is kind of like yours then except the grabbing part seems much shorter for me, possibly my choice of clutch (6 puck unsprung)

Definitely your clutch...I was previously running one of those, but until the heat from the turbo got the fluid in the slave hot, the engagement point was quite low and the pedal felt spongy. I'm sure I had no air in the line.

I'm on a OEM clutch now and its been great....good feel and the engagement is just about where it should be....as tissimo described.

tw2

I haven't tried adjusting it. I find it completely fine. I am more wanting to know where others engagement starts when they release the pedal and what everyone finds best for driving in a "spirited" manner in terms of adjustment.

Is it better to have it start to grab very close to the fully pressed in position or at the other end so you don't have to push it in as far etc...?