awd to fwd swap.

A

Anonymous

Hi First of all im new here and im french so my english not really good.

Ok I have a 88 celica gt-s(3s-ge) FWD (engine broke)and i just found some1 who want to sell me a 2x gt-four 88(3sgte) for like 500$ canadian. But the body are rusted and my gt-s is super clean.

I know FWD transmission fit bolt on on the 3sgte but im not sure if the transmission will handle the power of the 3sgte.. But i heard i probably can just cancel the back hole of the transmission to simply run it fwd..

Is this do-able and good ? or a fwd from a gt-s will be better.. ?

And about the swap the wiring from the 3s-gte its all the same of a normal 3s-ge ??

Oh and about how much Kilimeter or milage a 3sgte can do the guys told me hes engine have 200 000km and his turbo taking oil..

phattyduck

Converting the AWD transmission to FWD correctly requires a complete disassembly of the transmission and a few parts. If you have access to a broken MR2 turbo transmission, you can mix and match parts to get a good trans.

Your stock transmission will handle the power of a stock 3s-gte, no problem. It won't last long if you drag race or something, but otherwise it will be fine.

You will need to change the wiring harness (merge the 3s-gte motor parts of the harness with the correct chassis parts of your harness) to run the 3s-gte in your car.

You will want to verify the motor(s) are in good shape. They generally run for a long time, but there are many that start to have problems by that mileage.

-Charlie

AvivB

I own ST182 (which is FWD) and I removed the 3SGE (160HP) engine and put in 3SGTE from RC (230HP).
So far I use stock boost and the gear box is holding (12,000Km)...