Altezza 6 Speed?

MWP

No chance.

Did the red-top BEAMS 3S come with a 6 speed?
Even if it does, it doesnt have the 4WD transfer case.

Obviously the back-top BEAMS 3S wont work as north-south (RWD).

CMS-GT4

The altezza engine is longitudinally mounted. The st185 engine is transverse. It will likely bolt up, but it will not fit in the engine bay that way. At least with a fender well still in tact and wheel still on.

There are no off the shelf 6speed toyota conversions to answer any further questions.

AvivB

Joining in to the question with an extra question, does someone know on 6 speed FWD tranny that can bolt on the 3S engine and ST18x body?
I really want the 6th gear... :wink:

zero06

There are no off the shelf 6speed toyota conversions to answer any further questions.

^already answered^

Ive heard of some guys in europe who make a 6 gear set (dog gears WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!) for the 185 tranny. and itll cost you about 2X what you paid for your whole car.

CMS-GT4

There has been talk of 6 speeds that cost around 6k. Unless there is a lot of interest you will likely not see any again any time soon.

They have to extend the housing, and you have to modifiy some of the chassis where the transmission is now too long.

AvivB

A friend of mine said that he remember that Toyota Caldina had 6-speed tranny but he cannot recall with which engine it was...
Does someone know/remember that?
I try to search it on EPC but without luck...

95wrc

Toyota in UK/Europe last year started selling the rav4 2.2l diesel with 6speed (EB61F)
It is similar to one used in Lotus EVORA but without 4wd as well as
Auris ,Avensis ,etc.. One used in 2010 Camry is different (EB62)

Here is a tranny and engine list for most worldwide Toyota's(as of fall 09')

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/SST/20 ... uction.pdf

Here is a EA61 which is used in Auris and Lotus Evora ,not sure a
Rav4 box would even fit in a st185 based on pix (EA61 6sp and E153 (mr2)

transmission002.jpg

deecee

the tezza 6 spd box is shite hahaha.
Driven a couple of tezzas over here and you never know if you should be in 5th or 6th tbh (speed lim = 100km/h here in NZ).
Plus i've known many to have issues occur as well.. yay not.