uprated viscous cupplings

MWP

Mario.... are these going to be available into the near future (ie, next few years), or will this be a one off?

st185-sainz

I see a chance to do a group buy on this. I will contact all the guys who where interested some time ago, maybe they are in too.

Here a list with people who already answered:

Now: (start date around 20.11.2012)
#1: rm2932 (exchange)
#2: swsupermoto (exchange)
#3: mikahogl
#4: mikahogl (friend)
#5: mikahogl (friend)

Next year:
#1: underscore
#2: ALLensTRAC
#3: MWP

Price I can do for exchange the unit is 555EUR, normal price for a unit 595EUR.

If we find enough people next year we can do this again. Price will only vary a bit because of the exchange rates.

Anyone who will be interested please ad your name to the list!

thanks
mario

st185-sainz":2ctnvxyz said:
I see a chance to do a group buy on this. I will contact all the guys who where interested some time ago, maybe they are in too.

Here a list with people who already answered:

Now: (start date around 20.11.2012)
#1: rm2932 (exchange)
#5: mikahogl (friend)

Next year:

Price I can do for exchange the unit is 555EUR, normal price for a unit 595EUR.

If we find enough people next year we can do this again. Price will only vary a bit because of the exchange rates.

Anyone who will be interested please ad your name to the list!

thanks
mario
Mario
Put me down for tentative for the 1st run 555eu,exchange, it all depends on the front/ctr lsd option were working on
Pat

st185-sainz

hi,

Time is running by and we got a little further with this group buy:

Now: (start date around 20.11.2012 - extended to the 7th of December 2012)
#1: rm2932 (exchange) - unit already at my place
(#5: mikahogl (friend) - not interested any more)
#5: alltrac101 (exchange)

Next year:

@swsupermoto & alltrac101: if you are going to do the exchange variant please send your units to me! I get you a PM with my adress details.
Please tell me when they got shipped and when I can expect the parts.

thanks
mario

st185-sainz

It really seems we get going our first shot for the group buy!

Here is the updated list:

Now: (start date around 20.11.2012 - extended to the 7th of December 2012)
#1: rm2932 (exchange) - unit already at my place
(swsupermoto (exchange) - no reply any more?!)
#2: mikahogl
#3: alltrac101 (exchange) - money sent

Next year:
#5: thespen

I hope to get everything done before christmas, but cannot promise.

thanks
mario

st185-sainz

hi,

parts are at the workshop and will be modified right now. I will be back at around 15th of January and hope to have good news then to be ready to ship them out.

We got a bit of delay as it was not easy to collect the money from the people. At the moment we are 3 from alltrac.net and one guy from Austria.

mario

BADNEWS

st185-sainz":1bs1wd4k said:
hi,

parts are at the workshop and will be modified right now. I will be back at around 15th of January and hope to have good news then to be ready to ship them out.

We got a bit of delay as it was not easy to collect the money from the people. At the moment we are 3 from alltrac.net and one guy from Austria.

mario

Any update on around when they will be done? And what did the guy say about making mine to a higher torque spec?

Thanks
Ryan

MWP

So how are these going??

BTW... i talked to someone from Bates Automotive.
The motorsport (not sure if TTE, TRD or something else) viscous centers which used to be available were rated at 375-400nm of torque.

BADNEWS

I wanted in the 400-425nm range which comes out to about 300 ft/lbs

Stock is 175nm or 130 ft/lbs

Mario has them normally done to 300-350nm or 220-260 ft/lbs

BADNEWS

Any word on when he thinks they'll be done? I am about to start putting my motor together next week. I was hoping to be able to get the trans back together soon too. That way I can put them in the car and don't have all these parts laying around. Once the motor and trans are in the car I was going to put the Cusco rear diff in.

If the viscous unit won't get her soon I'll start the rear diff project. Just curious what I should be planning for here is all?

Thanks

st185-sainz

hi,

I talked to my supplier and he said he should have them ready at the end of next week. So they should be shipped to you one week later. Unfortunately postal service from Austria to US is unpredictable and can take betwenn 5-15 business days...

mario

BADNEWS

mikahogl":2oiodlkb said:
Any more news about the vc:s?
Hope to install it soon

Me too. I have my transmission all rebuilt, and the transfer case is all powder coated with new hardware ready to assemble. Once I get the viscous unit I should only need a couple hours to install it and check over everything.

st185-sainz

hi,

I received the units these minutes!!! I was waiting for that to get some good news to you!

Everybody got an Email or PM to confirm his shipping address to my email. I would like to avoid mistakes and get the parts back after half a year...

thanks for you patience!!!

mario