Diff. still clunking

CSAlltrac

My rear diff. is starting to really clunk around with gear changes, I have the c-one diff mount and that is still in good shape. What I need is the bushings that are on the mounting arms coming from our diff. connecting it to the sub frame. Can anyone help me source these up, thanks in advance guys.

88st165

Well since you run the full rubber c-one and not the aluminum diff mount I dont know if the most solid bushing would be the best match, most likely it would work though. There is also oem toyota.

Gary ST165

88st165":357vhucd said:
mario still sells them in nylon

klue now offers them in delrin i believe

redrkt can get them in poly

CSAlltrac":357vhucd said:
where can i get the aluminum mount along with the bushings? website or something?

^^^ try search mario or klue on here ^^^

klue

Hey,
Figured I should post up in here!
I have got a deposit from a member to make him one bushing. I have a new machinist now so we are again working out the pricing and remaking the drawings, as the last one is intellectual property of another party.

Look for my post or PM me.

Simba

A solid insert is a fairly bad idea on a street car, especially if you have any kind of rubber anywhere else in the subframe assembly.

Go with poly or plastic. I have the redrkt poly bushings, they work pretty well.

CSAlltrac

^^ lol wait till you see how i fixed it simba, its at the opposite end of what you said,ill post up pics soon.

CSAlltrac

Solid is an understatement :D
1-4.jpg

Simba

CSAlltrac":loyuh3a7 said:
^^ lol wait till you see how i fixed it simba, its at the opposite end of what you said,ill post up pics soon.

You can do a completely solid setup just fine. What I was getting at is that doing some of both-- e.g. some solid mounts and some rubber mounts, tends to break things.

Though, if you do solid subframe mounts, you really should strengthen the mount points on the chassis, as you'll be dumping a whole lot more load into what is fairly thin sheet metal.