OS Giken STR twin plate clutch?

Lets talk clutches and everything drivetrain related

Re: OS Giken STR twin plate clutch?

Postby RWDragoon » Tue May 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Celi-GT4 wrote:A TS2 came in my 3rd gen clip, looked nearly new from inspection, but cant really say. I enjoy driving it as it feels so much better then the ACT and SPec clutchs Ive had before. I can only say it feels stock but with no slip under launch.

All OS Clutches are pretty awesome to drive!

The new grand touring clutches are the best so far, but unfortunately due to size constraints we can only fit a single plate in a GT4 Transmission which limits us to 400-420whp
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
-Ryan
http://www.vexperformance.com
ryan@vexperformance.com
Toll Free: 1.855.VEX.PERF
Local: 403.243.1111
RWDragoon
Club Member

Postby YerRandO » Wed May 18, 2011 4:09 am

RWDragoon wrote:All OS Clutches are pretty awesome to drive!

The new grand touring clutches are the best so far, but unfortunately due to size constraints we can only fit a single plate in a GT4 Transmission which limits us to 400-420whp

Is this limited to the Grand Touring twin?
1990 Alltrac -white: Garage Queen

-James
YerRandO
Club Member

Postby RWDragoon » Wed May 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Let me Clarify

The new Grand-Touring series of clutches are available in 4 configurations

GTS1CD - Grand Touring Soft Single Plate. This clutch has a light pedal and is recommended for 300-320whp
GT1CD - Grand Touring Hard Single Plate. This clutch has a medium pedal pressure and is recommended for 400-420whp (Same as above clutch but higher clamping force)
GTS2CD - Grand Touring Soft Twin Plate. This clutch has a light pedal and is recommended for upto 500-550whp
GT2CD - Grand Touring Hard Twin Plate. This clutch has a medium pedal and is recommended upto 600-650whp

All of the above clutches are designed for maximum street-ability while still being able to take the abuse and handle the power. The Single plate clutches are nearly silent when the clutch pedal is pressed, and the twin plate clutches are 50% quieter over other twin disc configurations.

On a GT4 or MR2 we dont have the physical room required to run the Twin-Plate Grand touring clutch so the only GT options available are the top two. OS Giken does have other higher capacity twin plate clutches that are designed for our cars, just not in a Grand touring series.

Also remember when ordering any OS Giken product to order from an Authorized dealer, as counterfeit OS Giken products DO EXIST!
-Ryan
http://www.vexperformance.com
ryan@vexperformance.com
Toll Free: 1.855.VEX.PERF
Local: 403.243.1111
RWDragoon
Club Member

Previous

Return to Drivetrain Central