Sequential 6-speed and rear diff

Evo boxes are exellent. Especially Drenth. There is many diff options including active. This is the first time I hear of Celica with Evo trans. Interesting. I wounder if there is an adapter plate as Evo engine is straight and Celica is tilted. Then what to do about axles and diffs. Most people running competitively are using Xtrack still. I think by the time you get everything right you might as well get an Xtrack. Cost will be close. Also Gemini will make you gears for any kit. You need build sheets to provide them. That is how I got my straight cut final drive.
When Staffs box was bult there was a 34 mm restrictor used. Problems started when we began to use it with American 40 mm restrictor. Staffs internals are very nice. Better then many kits for evo. Then we went to 34 mm in US and after retuning by Mik Hill my trans was holding up no problem. That was also the time when I upgraded to straight cut final drive.
As I understand Evo trans comes with straight cut final drive stock. So Evo kits dont have final drives. Maybe that is one of the reasons they cost less.

Evo conversion should also be helped by the fact that you can install Evo read diff into Celica rear subframe on the table. You dont need to weld any brackets to the car. By contrast when Evo X GSR is prepped for rally here in US you have to install Evo IX rear diff and that reqires shell modifications. PIA

CMS-GT4

Here is a pic of the gearbox it used. I know it used an adapter plate. Not sure of other details though.

JMgearbox.JPG

There is a thread here with pics of the car as well.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41482

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=38548

Engine builds by Fraser Mckellar on white celica. He built my rally engine and fabricated a harness and tuned it with Motec M48. 2 Years ago he was here tuning an Evo for X games.

CMS-GT4

This is the info I have:

just to add regarding milners car
the maxtrak gearbox is from an evo, with funky adapter plate to bolt onto the 3sgte bottom end

So I guess the question is are these maxtrak boxes suiting the evo bolt pattern or do they need an adapter plate as well?

I had Evo MakTrak in front of me yesterday. It consists of Evo bellhousing(OEM) and custom MakTrak gear case. Our transmission doesnt have electric /hydraulic shifter. You could adapt Evo MacTrac or maybe they can build you one using Celica bellhousing with a custom gear case for that.

My mistake with final drive. It has to be a part of any dog kit. It mates to the output shaft.

When you order MakTrak transmission you give him your bell housing. He machines it extencively and then installs his internals with his custom gear case. Turns out that MakTrak owner is a friend of deveral of my friends.

CMS-GT4

So how big is the oem evo 6speed vs the gtfour 5speed? I still wonder if this is a good options for entry level/weekend racers.

Hotrodhendrix

EVO unit in our cars. :shock:

The only AWD mitsu unit I have ever messed with was the old VR4 Getrag and as we all know... Its no bueno.