Which Transmission

Which Transmission would you choose?

• ST185 RC

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • ST205

Votes: 16 88.9%

• Total voters

2of81

Please post which one you would use on my setup and why? I have both transmissions and am going to start out with a Clutch Masters Stage 3 and if that fails swap to a ACT 6 puck unsprung. Well here are a small amount of whats going on to give you an idea.

Stock JDM low mile engine
550's
Fidanza Flywheel
Greddy 20G @ 17 psi
264 cams
205 Intercooler and rear LSD
300-350 Flywheel HP

Please vote and then if you have any input please voice that.

Thanks

built2run

i am pretty sure you will have the power band to support the 205 trans and it has better synchros the rc has better gearing but its not that big of a gain. not to mention that the 205 trans has a better vc, hell if not its in better shape for sure as it would be newer.

toayoztan

Dude, you have both?

We may need to talk about me picking the other one off your hands...would give me an excuse to come up there and visit :D

Oh, as for my opinion?

I hear the 205 is generally sought after.

I believe with the RC, the better thing to do also is change out the Final Gear with the USDM tranny.

Bryan

2of81

I plan on keeping both at the moment. I do have a JDM low miles transmission that I'd be willing to let go of cheap if you need something with better synchros. I used to almost have one of every different All-Trac/Gt-Four transmission made. The only one I was lacking was the rare JDM one, I even had an 87 JDM trans with the soleniod on the 4WD switch.

toayoztan

2of81":2a0cbg5p said:
I plan on keeping both at the moment. I do have a JDM low miles transmission that I'd be willing to let go of cheap if you need something with better synchros. I used to almost have one of every different All-Trac/Gt-Four transmission made. The only one I was lacking was the rare JDM one, I even had an 87 JDM trans with the soleniod on the 4WD switch.

Yeah I've got two USDM trannies to fool around with. Yeah, just let me know if and when you plan on letting go of a transmission, I may be on the hunt for one at the time.

Bryan

built2run

i have one of those, it was temporarily sent to as guy that was gonna use the engine it came with i have to get it back from him soon.