clutch not fully disengaging

Landon

hey guys, clutch isn't disengaging. i can shift into first then try to start my car with the clutch in and it lurches forward. can't be in gear stopped with the clutch in or it wants to keep going. ideas? and what fluid do you use?

When this happened to me it was a spring from the clutch disk getting wedged into the assembly (ie.. thats what that sprong sound was when I launched). Ended up replacing the clutch .... ouch.

Landon

bled the lines. slave works. theres a rattling sound when i get it rolling. thinkin its the pressure plate...

RafaCalde

don't know if this similar. My pedal presses in but then it doesn't spring back. No fluid has been lost. Gonna bleed the system, but just wondering if it's the same problem or if anyone else has suggestions.

Xiansheng

RafaCalde":3927ei8p said:
don't know if this similar. My pedal presses in but then it doesn't spring back. No fluid has been lost. Gonna bleed the system, but just wondering if it's the same problem or if anyone else has suggestions.
If I remember correctly, I had this a long long time ago on an Acura Legend of mine.. it was the clutch slave cylinder on the tranny, replaced it, bled lines and was good to go... if I remember correctly, I Think, I remember I pressed pedal and just BANG stayed on floor, then when you pull it up by hand, would BANG, pop to the top.. my memory might be failing me, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was, clutch slave cylinder.. found a good one at the scrap I think. Hard to remember, long time ago, many cars ago.

Landon

sounds like you have air in the system. the symptoms you describe sound hydraulic. so look for slave and master problems, but start with bleeding the system to see if that fixes it. my problem ended up being broken springs in the clutch disk. these were stuck under the diaphram spring so it wouldn't disengage. obviously didn't find this out untill i had everything apart, so replacing the clutch fixed it all. :)

RafaCalde

Xiansheng":2qvt4h0c said:
RafaCalde":2qvt4h0c said:
If I remember correctly, I had this a long long time ago on an Acura Legend of mine.. it was the clutch slave cylinder on the tranny, replaced it, bled lines and was good to go... if I remember correctly, I Think, I remember I pressed pedal and just BANG stayed on floor, then when you pull it up by hand, would BANG, pop to the top.. my memory might be failing me, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was, clutch slave cylinder.. found a good one at the scrap I think. Hard to remember, long time ago, many cars ago.

This is exacty what's happening. Would replacing just the internals on the slave do just as well as replacing the whole thing? I have a slave rebuild kit in my stock.

Landon":2qvt4h0c said:
sounds like you have air in the system. the symptoms you describe sound hydraulic. so look for slave and master problems, but start with bleeding the system to see if that fixes it. my problem ended up being broken springs in the clutch disk. these were stuck under the diaphram spring so it wouldn't disengage. obviously didn't find this out untill i had everything apart, so replacing the clutch fixed it all. :)

Truly hope it's not the springs. ACT 6 puck sprung with heavy duty plate. Installed just barely 1 year ago. Has less than 4k miles on it. Won't know anything for sure until I bleed the line anyway. Fingers crossed.

Xiansheng

Truly man, I have no idea about a rebuild kit or trying to open it up and fixing it n things like that,
but I would try to bleed the lines like Landon suggested before you do anything else, might get lucky.

about rebilding, I dunnnoooo man, I would just go to some JDM engine shop with 3sgte motors and bug them till they sell you a nice one off a tranny they have there. ;) probably can find one with super low 40,000km on it all shiny clean black..lol.. sparkling ... lol

Good luck man...

RafaCalde

as refering to the clutch slave. you can order slave cylinder rebuild kits. it comes with a new piston, boot, and valve cap.

as for the engine, it's already a jdm cs edition. won't be reuilt for a long time.

Terracar

Your syptoms sounds like the clutch plate springs blew out. I have had it happen several times. I will put $20 on it. If it isn't well then give me your paypal and you just made $20 :p

-Terracar

RafaCalde

Don't now if 20 bucks is worth dropping the trans. Plus I have no means of checking that. No tools, lift or garage. I moved to Boston in the july and left everything in florida. One thing I forgot to mention was that it only does it when the car is on. Don't know if that makes difference. I looked inside my clutch resevoir, and the fluid is clear, lower than when I filled it last summer when the motor and trans were dropped, and it looks like there is grease settle at the bottom of it. It's the best way I can describe it.